new gun

187elk

Reaction score
I just picked up a new Ruger American .243 with a Leupold VX-I 3x9...and it is a sweet little gun.  I knew what scope I was going to put on it...went in for a .223, but with all that is going on...that was tough...no .223's on the wall, and ammo is stupid for it write now.  I can use this for coyotes to elk..and ammo is easy to get.  Sighted it in today with 5 shots.  Last two shots were less than an inch.  Shooting off my mirror sitting in my truck with it running, do to 5* weather today.  With my shooting ablility I was pleased with that. :)  has the accu-trigger on it...and for the money..it is a steal.  I almost when with a $300 more expensive Tikka t3...but this one stole me.  Hoping to get some yotes and maybe a wolf with it.  Lot lighter than my 300 ultra mag.. :)

MuleDeerHunter

Reaction score
That rifle has got a lot of great reviews recently.  Good choice.  Congrats.

paulc

Reaction score
I was looking at that gun for my pack gun.  Almost got it also. 

The price makes it sweet for sure.  Should be a good little killer for you.

Bishop

Reaction score
Chino, Ca., Mammoth Lakes/Big Bear (part time)
Love that gun.  Bought one last month.  Shoots as good as my Tikka.  I just had my gunsmith make it into a carbine with a 18" barrel.  Thinking about getting a .308 to make another carbine.

Attachments

• american1.jpg
    american1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 5

187elk

Reaction score
You guys know they make a compact model too right!?  You wont have to pay your gun smith...just shot some rabbits with it today...shot at a yote from about 800 :)  Shoots great.

Mrfish

Reaction score
Nice gun!  A .243 will be the next rifle I buy.  May have to look into one of those