New Bows to Check out?

Fowl Play

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Need to pick up a new bow and start getting that sucker dialed in for the upcoming seasons. Sucks living in Redondo Beach, cause looks like I'm going to have to make a trek to get to a pro shop, but it needs to happen. Any recommendations on bows to check out? Used to shoot on old Bowtech Patriot single cam and loved that thing, but not really partial to any brands. Just plan to shoot a bunch and pick the one that feels the best to me.
-Tom

Fowl Play

Reaction score
BOWUNTR said:
Xpedition... best shooting bow I've ever owned. Ed F
Just for clarification. Does someone make a bow called the xpedition or are you referring to the company? Had never heard of xpedition archery until I just googled it.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
The company. I think they've been around three or four years. Willow Creek Archery in Escondido sells them.

Bearclaw, I will be shooting the compound. The older I get the wiser I become... Ed F

7DUX

Reaction score
BOWUNTR said:
The company. I think they've been around three or four years. Willow Creek Archery in Escondido sells them.

Bearclaw, I will be shooting the compound. The older I get the wiser I become... Ed F
Tom, this place is just minutes from Trig's house and not much out of the way if you're going to MCC. I don't think this place was highly touted in the past but the new owner, Bret has helped me a ton with customer service and instruction.

bmax

Reaction score
this is kind of like the proverbial Ford vs Chevy question. so many things are subjective... you might like an attribute that bugs the heck out of me or vice versa. call around and see if a shop will let you shoot a bow or draw it. i went to faitharmory in temecula and was dead set on buying a hoyt (when i was living in california). i talked to the their archery tech and was able to shoot a hoyt, mathews, bowtech, and prime. i ended up buying a mathews no-cam because of how the draw cycle felt and i liked how the bow felt in hand. ironically i didn't like several things about the bow i intended on buying based on recommendations. not saying the previously stated bows aren't great, it just might not be great to you... or they might be the ticket. for what a bow costs i think it's wise to give each a test drive. just my $0.02

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Willow Creek Archery will let you shoot every bow they have. Bret is a great guy and customer service is off the chart... Ed F

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Tom,

The previous owner (Jim) of Willow Creek was a good guy too.....If Bret is like him, your experience there will be 1st class.....Bought my bow there (G-5) and despite not being the big name of Hoyt, Bow Tech, etc.....It felt good to me (still does).....And yes, I shot it before I bought it.

After purchase, I was allowed to shoot there for free.

JNDEER

Reaction score
Go to a pro shop...shoot the different style bows (carbon, aluminum, different cam styles, etc)...find one that feels good to you...buy it and have them set you up...practice...then shoot something!

Fowl Play

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. And I completely agree on shooting bows before you buy, this post was really just to reach out and see what models people liked so I could add them to the shooting list. Xpedition wasn't even on my radar, now it is. Probably in the next week, I'll be heading down to put up the trail cams and shoot some yotes, I'll hit faith armory on the way down and Willow Creek on the way back.

bmax

Reaction score
i heard faitharmory is under new ownership and their archery tech matt is no longer there. not saying it's not a good place to shop, just different from when i was there 3yrs ago

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Tom,

Nate sold the business a few months back......I've heard the new owner is not as gracious as Nate.

But as always, find out for yourself.