Need a new GPS

ofdscooby

Reaction score
I need a new GPS....

I want something with color screen, good topo capabilities, able to down load public land boundaries, big screen, and if possible two way radio capabilities.

Any suggestions?

And for the fire guys out there I would like to take and use it for FOBS

upper

Reaction score
Do fire guys have their own de-coder ring?.........................Upper

2rocky

Reaction score
Garmin RINO is the only one I know of with all those.

Not sure what FOBS is (Forward observation?)

2rocky

Reaction score
Remember the 610 has no SD card slot, the 655 has all the bells and whistles

http://www.rei.com/gear/feature/search/Google/garmin%20rino?s_kwcid=TC|13029|garmin%20rino||S|e|16150727165&gclid=CKXznYuPg7ICFSiCQgodXWoAtA

GPS maps http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/

Reaction score
ofdscooby said:
I need a new GPS....

I want something with color screen, good topo capabilities, able to down load public land boundaries, big screen, and if possible two way radio capabilities.

Any suggestions?

And for the fire guys out there I would like to take and use it for FOBS

Did you end up purchasing one?

I have had a 130 rhino for ~8 years.   I tried to use it this last weekend when in CA and it couldn't find any satellites.  Last time I used it and the GPS worked was in January.  I'm thinking it finally gave up on me and am now in the market for a new one.

If you did purchase one, which one did you buy? 

Why did you buy the particular one you did?
Are you happy with it?
What do you not like about it?
What do you like about it?

hank4elk

Reaction score
 Ordered the Garmin Oregon 450 and waiting for it to  arrive. Really need the sd card with private public lands here in NM. I ordered the card with 24k topo on it. Only thing is Catron Co. where I live is only one in state not to show private ownership/names but I will mark the ranches we are hunting this year somehow. We have 12 ranches and 20k+ acres of deeded lands to hunt with RO LO elk tags.
Heard good things about the 450 except they don't come with clear instructions but their customer service is good.
Waterproof is a must, along with larger screen in color. Touch screen is good.
I still have the Magellan 500 that I use all the time as the POI's are real acurate and the topo is clear. Just can't get LO SD card for it.
I found a link to Sat. overlays and google stuff for the Garmin on another elk/bow site,all free they say. Just have to figure out how this Tech challenged one will do it.

Also the Garmin Oregon 450 is on sale @ Cabellas for $299 and outfitter I am working with is on their list so he got extra 20% off, and I don't have to pay for it......that is a deal!

And if T$ is up there or some where chastizing me.I still carry a compass and maps......miss you bro.