My bull from yesterday

YORT40

Thats a biggen!
We are in a 10 day count down for CO. Those pics are not helping the time to fly. :smiley-wnk-yellow:
Awesome!

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
YORT40 said:
Thats a biggen!
We are in a 10 day count down for CO. Those pics are not helping the time to fly. :smiley-wnk-yellow:
Awesome!
Troy, the bulls are already getting vocal. Should be a fun year.

paulc

Nice work. Mind if I ask how you age the meat? Local meat locker?
I dont age venison on purpose, but, I have a walk in cooler at home that I have left them in there as much as a week. Venison do not have a cover of fat on them like beef so I never intentionally age. To much waste, and I dont think it makes much of a difference imo.

paulc

Zach was watching 3 effing monster bulls the weeks before my hunt in the low country. We just could not turn them up the weekend he could help me. I went to the high country and was in mature bulls every time I went out, and I know it sounds like BS, but, I believe this was one of the smaller ones.

The bulls Zach was watching were from 340-380 the largest. Check out his instagram account and you can some video of them. All that being said, I was very happy with this bull. It was a solo deal. It was a super fulfilling hunt and after eating my archery tag last year it felt good.

paulc

snoopdogg said:
I don't social media, can a non Intsta see his pics/videos?
There might be a way. I don't know it. He is a instagram whore. Doesn't do Facebook. I cant keep up. I got a instagram account to check out his stuff mostly. Honestly instagram. is a lot less bs. More just pictures and videos. Can easily just follow hunting stuff and that is all you get.

snoopdogg

Hey, so I Googled Zach Comino Instaface and voila! Loved your comment on his pic of your bull. Ha!

He's a handsome effer and not so much a DW, maybe just a D.

Will be seeing him in HUSH/Tines Up videos this year?

2rocky

Congrats on a heck of a bull Paul. Maybe I'll look you up on that selfiegram place. Feeling a little unworthy not having any more hunting plans this year....

paulc

snoopdogg said:
Hey, so I Googled Zach Comino Instaface and voila! Loved your comment on his pic of your bull. Ha!

He's a handsome effer and not so much a DW, maybe just a D.

Will be seeing him in HUSH/Tines Up videos this year?
Yea, he does sit ups every night and I eat till I feel uncomfortable. We got a pretty good lineup of tags still. Should be some fun stuff. Gonna leave for solo elk bear back packing trip in CO next Monday, and he will meet me up there the weekend for one last shot at his archery deer hunt in CO. He is about to graduate NMSU geology degree. Hoping he gets one of the oilfield jobs that are 8 on and 6 off. Otherwise he will be in for one helluva shock not having the free time he has had for hunting. His girlfriend is real sweet also, and killed a couple of really nice animals this last year with him. Nothing planned with HUSH or Tines up.

snoopdogg

You're killing me (eat till I'm uncomfortable)!

Holy crap--it's been 4 years? Wow...

Well, here's to reading some good blogs (or stories) and seeing some dead critters. Good luck.