My 2008 Bear

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Heres a few pictures of my Bear taken on 10-28-08. She ws taken with the help of my Hounds Maggie and Buck, and with my friends dogs Woody, Indy, CowGirl, and Daisy.

My Maggie dog is a RedBone and Buck is a Walker. Both are doing really well on Bears. Maggie is just something esle and is a real special dog. I'll post some pictures of Maggie and Buck and the Bear, But first heres the Bear.

P1010021.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010030.jpg

Larry Lowell

Mt Goat

Reaction score
heres a few pictures of the Bear in the tree, sorry they arent better but it is what it is.

P1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Larry Lowell

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of Maggie and Buck after I shot the Bear out of the tree. Maggie is the Red Dog. the pictures show Maggie, Buck and Woody mostly

P1010007.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

Larry Lowell

ESSposse

Marsh Ninja.... Deal with it.
Reaction score
Corona, CA. Where men are men and sheep are scared
MG SCORES!!!!!!!!!

Oh man.......... congrats can't say enough!!!!

I remember our convo at the TOF Prado shoot and how high you were on that Red and looking forward to baggin' a bear.......

Dern it ya did it bud!!!!! :smiley-eatin-popcorn: :2:

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Bishop

I was hunting D-8, not any one area just the bottom half of the zone. With hounds you drive around waiting for the dogs to strike off the back of the truck, letting you know that a bear in near. We will also look for bear tracks, and if we see something we'll put a dog or two down to se if they can figure it out. We've been pretty lucky so far this year, in tht we have had good luck getting strikes off the box and in that our better dogs are taking a track we see and figuring them out.

Essposse

I was actually holding out for a BIG Boar but this bear was real nice and the coat was real clean with no rub spots on it etc... and she was a good size for a Sow. I'm real happy about her she is a nice bear and will make a great mount. What it all came down to was I needed to reward my young dogs for a job well done. Killing a bear for them and then letting them chew on it, and bay it up really builds up their desire for the game we are after. I'm trying to make Bear and Cat dogs so making sure they get to chew on some fur is important.

Larry Lowell

Slayin67

Reaction score
Larry question for you, I noticed you have the big transmitter looking collars on your dogs. I believe I read in the regs that transmitter collars that beep when the dog stops are not allowed. Are you using a different type of collar? Or am I misunderstanding the law? Maybe your collars are just long range collars. I just didn't understand why the law was written that way. Maybe you can explain it. Awesome job on the bear. We were chasing one up in B2 last weekend but never got to him. Would have been nice to have 5 or 6 dogs helping out.

womanhunter

Reaction score
Larry,

Tell us more about the dogs! What breeds and how you aquired them.

Congrats, now you can send pics .... of the Bear skin rug thing....................... :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

>K

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
That's great news Larry, congrats! :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua: I know you've been puting in some hard work. I guess Jimm (bryan) is next.

One Track

Reaction score
That's outstanding. It must be a serious thrill to see your dogs work on a bear. I get excited about mine retrieving a duck. A bear? That's gotta be the ulitimate. Congrats Larry!!! Awesome bear.

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

Slayin67
The collars we have on the dogs are Raido Trasmitted Tracking Collars, totally legal. Whats illegal is GSP trasmitted collars.

Larry Lowell

MapMan

Reaction score
Congrats Larry,

I just saw your post.......you have been working long and hard for that moment. Must have been a rush for it all to come together and finally have your bear. :smiley-shakehead-blue:

recano

Reaction score
Congratulations on your Bear.

That is a very very nice and big black bear. :10:

Im going to start Bear Hunting now.

I got my Pig and my Deer this year so now going for Bear (I dont have dog so will see, well I have a GSP but no dog for Bear).

My son-in-law told me if I get a Bear and a goose I can die. I told him lets not rush it (hay I think I should wary) :20: I hunt and ride a lot with him.

Again Congratulations

Lujack

Mr. September
Reaction score
Really cool! What did you shoot it with?

Dave in LB

Reaction score
Well thank s to a computer virus and a few days of not so good hunting I missed this until tonight. Congrats Larry! :smiley-bag-on-head: That's a nice looking bear. Did you use the Barnes bullets for this bear? Looks like the dogs did a really fine job. :smiley_rotflmao: Hope to talk to you soon.