MONSTER AXIS DOWN!!!

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
Could not blog from my secret location dove shooters....just got back into the Dallas area..at the Hyatt..sitting at the bar...reflecting on this amazing trip....whacked an axis of a lifetime...he will make an amazing addition to my west wing trophy room at the new house in Texas and the freezer!!!I will be running hunts on this particular ranch in the near future...had to sample the goods first...and the goods are good gentlemen...story and more blog later...for now..a money shot....Jaime..touch base tommorow...hope you have been shooting your bow..big stupid will give you one chance..then he's gone until November..when his peepee brings him back down..let's finish this weekend homie! I hate bow hunting deer!!uggh!!!** stats on the trophy...35 inches..extremley heavy horned...200+ pounds..a muy grande fo show!!!**

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 2

hatchet1

Reaction score
And the dove shooting was ridiculous... Stopped shooting it was so ridiculously stupid with birds...I've had enough dove shooting for 10 lifetimes after this weeks slaughter...going to church for sure on Sunday...

hatchet1

Reaction score
And another of the trophy...money shots..money shots..money shots!!! Texas trophy hunter magazine has been in contact..negotiating the contract for blog rights...man I love Texas!!!

Attachments

• IMG959702.jpg
    IMG959702.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 0

hatchet1

Reaction score
Breck..he does indeed have a crab 4th on both sides..character buck for sure.standby for text..

El Maton

Reaction score
Dude...forget Saturday in the homie zone.....lets go to Tejas :smiley-cowboy:

Who wants a 70 inch forky anyways!

El Maton

Reaction score
hatchet1 said:
Breck..he does indeed have a crab 4th on both sides..character buck for sure.standby for text..
I hate CRABS!

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Reaction score
Nice Axis! Definitely on my list. Are there blackbuck on that place too?

hatchet1

Reaction score
Affirmitive...big ones...real big..its a virtual cornucopia of large mammals..19 months and counting...then its year round for this large mammal hunter!!!

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
There's a really big dove on the tree to the right... Did you get that toad?

Congrats on the Axis... I have some recipes and strong dove areas. Call me :36:

paulc

Reaction score
Still has spots, I would have passed.

That is about as big of axis as I have seen. Heavy also. Bad ass for sure. Does Lloyd miss you?

2rocky

Reaction score
I hear that axis meat is the best wild game meat hands down. Congrats on a stud.

hatchet1

Reaction score
hoping i get at least half the meat back,,,knowing my buddy and the guides that work for him..i suspect i may come up a bit short when i open the shipping box next week....dirty bastards....and for the record..i hunted that buck for 2 days..folks that have never hunted texas may think its a slam dunk...8000 acres of low fence leaves alot of stones un turned..i truly did get lucky with this big fckr..day 2 at about 1:30 pm...on our way back out of the ranch to grab some lunch ..we stop to open a gate an my buddy says...dude..hurry the fck up!!! im like slow your role kato..he's like dude..im serious..hurry the fck up..i just saw the monster bolt from the tank across the next pasture...im like ya..whatever chicken dyck...he gases the rig..tells me to jump out and bolt over the saddle..i then new he was not fckn around..so i did my best kaepernick impression and started hoofing it..i get to the top..and sure enough..all i see is bones and mass..big bones and mass running straight away...i deploy the bi pod and lay all 240lbs of bouncing roamnce on the catus filled ground,,im shooting my buddys .300winshortmag. its an a-bolt..i hate a-bolts..i jack a round in and try to steady the heavy duplex reticle on the now running trophy..all i have is an ass shot..{up the old dirt road is what we mammal hunters call it} im shooting 180grain winchester softpoints LEAD!!! calculate the distance in my brain to be about 225-250yds..settle in and touch off..KAPOOOW!! at the report of the a-bolt..the trophy goes ass over tea kettle into the chapparel..and i mean ass over tea kettle..like leave your hooves in the air type shat..bout that time my fat buddy comes hobbling up the hill and says..did ya get him..i said,,nope...fcked him off..fcked him off real good...then he erupts with the badgering on how im the worst shot he's ever had.and that if i wanna come work for him..i better learn how to shoot..and these critters aint glued to the pasture..and yadayadayada,,,bout time he finished..i said..well..i know if i had a client with me..id prolly go over and check just to make sure the chicken dyck did not hit him ,,hes like ya what ever..well we get pretty close to where he went in..and the desert floor began to turn red with axis ass blood..and lots of it..like 5 gallon bucket type blood...he looks at me and says..damn..you pole axed him..i said yup..had it not been for my collin kaepernick type athletic skills..the ordinary bird shooter would not have been able to pull it off...anyways..thats my story...hell of a buck for sure..

hatchet1

Reaction score
just talked with juan at the ranch...he,s gonna release the big blacktail in the morning for you jaime...dont fck it off,,be the arrow..or he,s gone like the wind....