Mono county openers

paulc

Reaction score
YORT40 said:
Geeze....must be out raccoon hunting.
I love the way nature works sometimes.
Don't have to worry about those pesty critters for a while. The neighbor just called to say he filed a wildlife report with the sheriff today. Apparently I slept through all the action last night when a Mountain lion attacked the raccoon family in his front yard. The kitty went after 1 of the youngsters first, but ended up scrapping with the mama. Don't know the end results, just some blood on the driveway.
Of course, one problem leads to another. I don't need a kitty cat cruising the area with 4 dogs in the back yard.
Lloyd's twin brother, Wilbur, couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag!

Troy
Maybe those racoons "got some". Filed a wildlife report????? Tax dollars at work??

YORT40

Reaction score
paulc said:
Geeze....must be out raccoon hunting.
I love the way nature works sometimes.
Don't have to worry about those pesty critters for a while. The neighbor just called to say he filed a wildlife report with the sheriff today. Apparently I slept through all the action last night when a Mountain lion attacked the raccoon family in his front yard. The kitty went after 1 of the youngsters first, but ended up scrapping with the mama. Don't know the end results, just some blood on the driveway.
Of course, one problem leads to another. I don't need a kitty cat cruising the area with 4 dogs in the back yard.
Lloyd's twin brother, Wilbur, couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag!

Troy
Maybe those racoons "got some". Filed a wildlife report????? Tax dollars at work??

Yep,
I told him to call it in. Just in case one of us has to put a hurt on the kitty for intruding.
That way after I'm cuffed & heading to the slammer, I have something on record when PETA, DFW, Sierra club, & all the others try to indict me. :smiley-yakkin-pink:

YORT40

Reaction score
paulc said:
Makes sense, guess that is the world we live in.
Well, its the California world I live in.
Point in case. A woman in Mammoth is being cited for shooting a bear in her front yard with a pellet gun.
Charged with discharging a firearm in a "No-shooting" area, harassing wildlife, & using a illegal firearm which was not a centerfire type.
This is California!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
YORT40 said:
Makes sense, guess that is the world we live in.
Well, its the California world I live in.
Point in case. A woman in Mammoth is being cited for shooting a bear in her front yard with a pellet gun.
Charged with discharging a firearm in a "No-shooting" area, harassing wildlife, & using a illegal firearm which was not a centerfire type.
This is California!
Probably within a 150 yds of someone's building too................. :smiley-shakehead-blue:

paulc

Reaction score
The first bear I killed in KA had many air gun pellets and bird shot in him. He must have been a trouble maker. Without knowing the whole story, that sounds like bs for that lady. If a bear was in her yard, the kindest thing she could do is pepper his azz a little to get him out of an area that will eventually get him killed.
KA sucks.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
That is pretty extreme to have the Mountain Lion fiasco going on right in the front yard. Hopefully it comes back and you can wack it.

Do you see lions or lion sign often up there Troy? I tend to see more lion sign when hunting down in SD county than I do up in your area. Only thing I can assume is the lions up your way move around more freely due to the sage and down here I run into the sign more because we share the same trails through the tall think chaparral, but who knows.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Nick,

I've read that cats can have a 50 miles homeland radius........That's easily attainable in the Sierra's........Here in San Diego, 50 miles radius puts them in downtown........I think our cats are much more concentrated and we're loaded with them.

goindeep

Reaction score
ilovesprig said:
Nick,

I've read that cats can have a 50 miles homeland radius........That's easily attainable in the Sierra's........Here in San Diego, 50 miles radius puts them in downtown........I think our cats are much more concentrated and we're loaded with them.
A 50 miles radius from most anywhere in the eastern sierras would put a cat in Nevada where he'll get shot. There's plenty of cats on the east side but not as many as there is closer to the coast.

dain v

Reaction score
Congrats on the deer. Must have been a great time.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
goindeep said:
Nick,

A 50 miles radius from most anywhere in the eastern sierras would put a cat in Nevada where he'll get shot. There's plenty of cats on the east side but not as many as there is closer to the coast.
Yep Doug.........I think someone on the forum got a lion in Nevada......... :smiley-wnk-yellow:

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
I'm headed up to X12 again for another season w/out a tag (I HATE TAGS!!!)... but my 2 friends drew so it's on. We (there's actually 5 of us) have a standing reservation at Doc & El's Resort every year (starting last year) and we intend to make it an annual event until we're all pushing daisies. At least there's a lot of great fishing - and doves - near by.

CAhntr

Road hunter extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sounds like a great hunt! Nice buck.

YORT40

Reaction score
This has been a good year for sure. Everyone I know with a tag has filled it.
It might be a month or 2 before I finish reading the owners manual, but I'll try to post some pics from my phone.

Troy

7DUX

Reaction score
I hope the rifle season goes that way too.