Maxi-Ball Maxi-Hunter???

bpnclark

Reaction score
Anyone here shoot Maxi-Balls or Maxi-Hunters??? I'm trying to work on a load for my cap gun and looking to see which one works better.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I shoot maxi balls in my Hawken .54 cal, devastating! I've killed 2 pigs with it and a friend took it to CO and killed a 290 class bull with it too.

bpnclark

Reaction score
I think they have maxi wads....... not too sure on the pads.......

SDHNTR - whats the range your shooting. I tried the maxi-hunters and they weren't shooting too well at 50 yards. They were also a little loose in the barrel. So loose I'm pretty sure if I was walking with the gun upside down, they would fall out.

Tuffy

Reaction score
Ah Come-on......Iron sights, Black Powder and a patched round ball..... just like dear Ol Great Grandpappy did it.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
It's been a while but I tried the maxi hunters and also the Hornady Great Plains and neither were very accurate. Never had one loose like that though. The Maxi Balls group beautifully. I have open sights so it's not like it's that precise but I can remember winning money off a buddy by hitting an empty quart oil bottle 5 out of 5 times at 100 yards. Could easily get 2-3" groups off a bench at 50.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
You just reminded me too. I've got the damn cap nipple broke off in the breech of that gun. Need to drill it out and chase the threads clean.