Maurilio Pintail Whistle Call #8 Roller

Arise

Reaction score
My buddy who is new to fowlin' wants to buy a quality pintail call roller whistle for this upcoming season. I suggested that he gets an original Maurilio #8 Pintail Call Whistle roller. Looks like there are a lot of copycats on the market. Does anyone know where he can get an original that was made in Brazil? Rosewood would be nice but we're looking for the real deal and not some knock-off.
maurilio pintail whistle.jpg
Thanks.

fish dog

Reaction score
The best pin whistle I've ever had I found on ebay, many years ago. It was actually sold as an "Australian Predator call" and it looks like a couple of small metal disks brazed together, back to back, with a hole drilled in the middle. Just took a quick look on ebay and didn't see anything like it there now. As I remember, even with the shipping from Australia, it was less then $5.

d sea

Reaction score
QUOTE (Arise @ Oct 17 2009, 09:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=227347
My buddy who is new to fowlin' wants to buy a quality pintail whistle for this upcoming season. I suggested that he gets an original Maurillo roller. Looks like there are a lot of copy cats on the market. Does anyone know where he can get an original that was made in Brazil? Rosewood would be nice but were looking for the real deal and not some knock-off.

Thanks.

The last place I saw the Maurillo whistles for sale was at Frank Bailey's Sportsman's Catering trailer at Wister. There used to be an outfit in central Cal that imported them and sold them on their website, but I don't know if they are still in business. Good luck.

I just did a quick search and I think I found the company I was thinking of. Nor Cal, not Central Cal, but it looks like they have them on the website.

http://www.duckblindsunlimited.com/specials.htm

chuam

Reaction score
Great find, I used to have one but it was damaged. I tried the plastic one and it is no where near as good. I just called and hope when they call back I can order 2-3.

Slayin67

Reaction score
Billy Gianquinto sells some as well that are the loudest I have ever heard. I didn't buy them but I can say they do sound good. He also claims to have made the only video EVER for whistling ducks. He sells a pintail whistle and a widgeon wistle. They are pricey but I can attest to the quality of the sound. I met Billy years back at the suisuin marsh field days and this is where I was able to demo the whistles.
http://www.billygducks.com/Products.html

Hugh McLaurin

Reaction score
My buddy who is new to fowlin' wants to buy a quality pintail whistle for this upcoming season. I suggested that he gets an original Maurillo roller. Looks like there are a lot of copy cats on the market. Does anyone know where he can get an original that was made in Brazil? Rosewood would be nice but were looking for the real deal and not some knock-off.

Thanks.
Big Lake Duck Calls/Big Lake Outdoor Products has Maurillo Pintail Calls for Sale on their website. Check em out....

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Thanks missed my old one just bought one

Hugh McLaurin

Reaction score

Thanks.
Big Lake Partners with Maurillo in a wonderful partnership. They make the whistles with their stamp burned into the wood, and Big Lake sells them with their brand put on the other side. Everybody is happy and they are selling tons of these #8 and #9 Pintail Whistles as well as the Maurillo #25 Widgeon Whistle everyday all over the USA.

Big Lake Duck Calls/Big Lake Outdoor Products has Maurillo Pintail Calls for Sale on their website. Check em out....

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
I bought one from the poster damn thing came apart and lost the roller inside