MapSource (R) Topo

00BuckShot

You can have my guns when you rip them from my col
Reaction score
I need opinions on the MapSource Topo by Garmin. I have a pretty decent GPS unit that I would like to enhance with this program but would like some opinions and maybe someone to let me borrow it to take a look at. I don't really know what I am getting if I pay $85 bucks on ebay, so I'd like to try it out before I fork out the dough. PM me or post up if you can help me out!

Thanks,
-jd

Maverick

Reaction score
I have Mapsend / Magellan I don't know if they are compatable but you are more then welcome to try it out.

karstic

Reaction score
JD

My B-I-L has Mapsource for his 60cs. Ill see if I can borrow it for a day or two. The topo is comparable to the 100K series of topos from the USGS

sdhunter

Reaction score
I have the Topo Mapsource cd's for my Garmin Etrex Legend. I love it! It's not as accurate as an actual Topo map, but it gives you enough to do what you'll want to do with it. I use it for hunting, and the map detail is great compared to the default mapping on my Legend.

I highly recommend them. You could borrow them (3 cd's) to see :wub:

Esteban

Reaction score
I have been using GPS since it first became available to the public. One of the first one's I installed cost the owner of the Yacht $23,000. The units now do way more and are more accurate for under $150!
I use delorme products for both travel and Topo.
The new Topo USA product can identify BLM boundries! My upgrade cost for the western region is only fourty dollars. It is high on my list for the spending of my "Domestic Embezlement Fund"...
http://delorme.com/topousa/default.asp
Esteban

FForF

Reaction score
I have the Mapsource Topo and love it. Using the pan feature on my Rhino 120 moving the curser around the topo on the display when out in the field I find there is a lot of information in there you don't see by just looking at the map on the display. $85.00 on e-bay is a good price. I bought all my garmin software from ebay, even the BlueChart that required a key to unlock.

Plus you can download your track and waypoints etc. to your PC and print out the topo maps with your tracks etc. Copy it into a e-mail and bug your friends with maps of where you harvested your trophy. :D