Magazine conversions

Loveguns

Reaction score
I heard or read somewhere that you can convert mags to 10rds anyone know of such.

I don't have any hi cap mags just wanted to know.

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
Maybe ya could remove the mag's base cap and insert a new follower and spring that's long enough to reduce mag capacity. Haven't noticed such a thing in stores, but seems like something that ought to be available.

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
Putting a block between the spring and floor plate is the usual fix and you can make them or buy them (Google "magazine blocks"). BUT, to be legal the modification has to be "permanent" and there is no guidance on what constitutes permanent. Some argue that if you can disassemble to put in a block, you can disassemble to remove it, thus it would not be considered permanent. Some say a little epoxy and/or a rivet between the block and the floor plate would make it a permanent modification. Other people say the spring itself needs to be shortened. Nobody knows and the CA DOJ has not issued any rules. At this point, I think if you were to have a modified magazine and for some reason gave LE cause to examine it, the perceived legality of the mod in the moment would depend on the LEO and how bad they wanted to pin something on you. Courts will eventually determine.

Ain't KA great?

Loveguns

Reaction score
DKScott said:
Putting a block between the spring and floor plate is the usual fix and you can make them or buy them (Google "magazine blocks"). BUT, to be legal the modification has to be "permanent" and there is no guidance on what constitutes permanent. Some argue that if you can disassemble to put in a block, you can disassemble to remove it, thus it would not be considered permanent. Some say a little epoxy and/or a rivet between the block and the floor plate would make it a permanent modification. Other people say the spring itself needs to be shortened. Nobody knows and the CA DOJ has not issued any rules. At this point, I think if you were to have a modified magazine and for some reason gave LE cause to examine it, the perceived legality of the mod in the moment would depend on the LEO and how bad they wanted to pin something on you. Courts will eventually determine.

Ain't KA great?
These people don't know there ass from there elbow or maybe they do get rid of guns.

I could cost a bunch to buy 10rd mags for many guns like a Sig, Hi Power, H&K, guess I'll shoot 45 SSand wheel guns.