Lucky Weekend,

chase

Reaction score
Went out this weekend with a buddy of mine who has never been turkey hunting before.. Get set up early and started scratching.. Heard some good yoddles out of the trees near us, so we were ready.. At about 11 oclock had a jake sneak in the back side and came out of the bushes at about 10 yards, Jordans ready.. I tell him to take it when he has the shot, but he is shaking so bad he could barely find his safety.. the bird makes him and starts puttin bad, I tell him to shoot it, so he does..... AND MISSED!! I had two birds already, so im not shootin a jake.. He got two more shots off before the turkey was too far, but he just flat missed it, said he was shakin so bad he could barely see down his barrel haha.. Next time

My dad on the other hand went out with Trig and whacked him a nice big tom on saturday,so the next trip it would be my shot!

So my dad and I went out Sunday to a public spot we know that was holdin some toms.. Sat there till 1:30 and had 13 hens come in throught the day, but nothin towing a tom(or a jake for that matter).. so we moved to a different spot around the other meadow, and no more then 15 seconds after we sit down we have 5 hens and 2 jakes come screamin out of the bushes and right across us at about 50. waited till they cleared the corner then moved up about 50 feet in hopes of them carrying a tom.. well about 2 minutes later I look down the trail, and here comes the big strutter! Man was I shakin! He got to about 45 and just sat, wouldnt get outa strut mode for the hens.. kinda started walkin away so I decided to drop the hammer.. But barely got 'em.. only 6 pellets in the head and neck, but the body was whacked.. he went 20 lbs exactly and had a 10 inch beard with 3/4 in spurs, practically a carbon copy of my second bird from this season, same weight and same beard length.. Now its time to get my dad his 3rd and my buddy his first..

First bird
Double Bearded Jake both beards were 4 in teeny tiny spurs and was 16.8 lbs

View attachment 31842
View attachment 31843

2nd bird
10 in beard 1 in spurs and 20.0 lbs

View attachment 31844
View attachment 31845

3rd bird
10 in beard 3/4 in spurs and 20.0 lbs

View attachment 31846
View attachment 31847

Attachments

• double_bearded_jake.jpg
    double_bearded_jake.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 24
  • double_bearded_jake3.jpg
    double_bearded_jake3.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 10
  • 2nd_bird.jpg
    2nd_bird.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2nd_bird_2.jpg
    2nd_bird_2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 3rd_tom.jpg
    3rd_tom.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 3rd_tom_2.jpg
    3rd_tom_2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 14

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Good job on them birds. Tell your buddy not to worry about that miss same thing happened to me my first time out

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Chase,

What a difference a season makes........Lucky Week-end?......I don't think so.............. :lol:

Now get your dad his 3rd longbeard............ :2:

The Matagi

Reaction score
Excellent kills! Wish I was as lucky as you are. Congrats man.

way

Reaction score
awesome job! much respect! :smiley-bowdown-purple: