Lost and found Rhino

FForF

Reaction score
Hey just though I would pass on something that happend to me in New Mexico Elk huntng. As anybody that knows me knows I live by my GPS. We'll I made the mistake of putting my Rhino in my front hand warmer pocket of my sweat shirt and then got on an ATV to pick up my harvested elk. Very rough terrain through forest and thick brush. I'll take an ATV in where most people think you can't, to save myself from packing out 50 pound hind quarters. Long story short I get back with the elk and while ferrying people to the truck realize I lost the Rhino.

Thank God I had the radio on to send our locations back and forth between me and my other partners with Rhino's.

My buddy is still up at the top of the trail so he starts at the beginning of my 1/2 mile ATV trail, tracks my trail back in the snow pressing the call key every 10 or 20 feet. :smiley_10sign: I'm sitting at the end of the trail waiting for him figuring I just sacraficed $200 to the forest gods. :smiley_10sign: He comes out of the woods shaking his head saying he didn't find it. He hits the call key and RING!!!! 50 feet up the trail there in the snow between us is my Rhino calling to me like a lost dog. :smiley_10sign:

Bottom line, while beating the brush leave the Rhino radio turned on if it isn't packed somewhere very secure, and don't trust those belt clips. I've had it come of of it when snagged by a brier.

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
Very rough terrain through forest and thick brush. I'll take an ATV in where most people think you can't, to save myself from packing out 50 pound hind quarters.
You can take the FForF out of Texas but you can't take the TX out of FForF :smiley_10sign:

BigDog

Reaction score
My wife asked me what big item I wanted Santa to bring me. I told her that he should bring me a Rhino. :smiley_10sign:

womanhunter

Reaction score
I tend to lose radios alot while hunting.... thank goodness for the Ring function :smiley-cool-shades-down:

FForF

Reaction score
My wife asked me what big item I wanted Santa to bring me. I told her that he should bring me a Rhino. :smiley-cool-shades-down:

Be sure an tell her to get you the 120 or above. The 110 doesn't take topo maps, etc. The extra money is well worth it. The 520 or 530 is the way to go if you can afford it.

BigDog

Reaction score
The 120 is the one I pointed out to her. The 500 series is nice but too much money in my opinion.

FForF

Reaction score
The 120 is the one I pointed out to her. The 500 series is nice but too much money in my opinion.

I think there is a 130 also. Think it just has more memory, which you ca never have to much of, or weather channels.