Looking for a ML

HanktheTankSB

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a muzzleloader for a CA lateseason tag. Where do people shop? I was looking at Cabelas at a CVA Optima for $299 with a scope, case & sling, basically because I didn't want to spend $600+ for a Thompson Center. The scope is obviously not allowed for my late season tag but would be legal in some ML/archery areas of FHL where I frequent during the regular season. I didn't pull the trigger on this Optima after reading some reviews that it didn't shoot well with the Barnes copper bullets. So I have been browsing Gunbroker for some used TCs and noticed a lot of new-in-box TCs and other guns going for $100+ less than Cabelas' prices. Anybody buy from Gunbroker or other classified sites?

hank4elk

Reaction score
Go with the TC!! And if you can find them cheaper than Cabellas go for it.

weekender21

Reaction score
QUOTE (HanktheTankSB @ Sep 17 2011, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338857
I'm looking to buy a muzzleloader for a CA lateseason tag. Where do people shop? I was looking at Cabelas at a CVA Optima for $299 with a scope, case & sling, basically because I didn't want to spend $600+ for a Thompson Center. The scope is obviously not allowed for my late season tag but would be legal in some ML/archery areas of FHL where I frequent during the regular season. I didn't pull the trigger on this Optima after reading some reviews that it didn't shoot well with the Barnes copper bullets. So I have been browsing Gunbroker for some used TCs and noticed a lot of new-in-box TCs and other guns going for $100+ less than Cabelas' prices. Anybody buy from Gunbroker or other classified sites?

Define late season...I have a TC Omega that hasn't been shot since 2005. I used it one season before becoming an archery hunter for good. It has a Leupold scope on it but you can put iron sights on it as well. It's a stainless synthetic model. I won't be home until November though...I'd be willing to let it go for cheap.

HanktheTankSB

Reaction score
QUOTE (weekender21 @ Sep 20 2011, 01:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339120
Define late season...I have a TC Omega that hasn't been shot since 2005. I used it one season before becoming an archery hunter for good. It has a Leupold scope on it but you can put iron sights on it as well. It's a stainless synthetic model. I won't be home until November though...I'd be willing to let it go for cheap.

End of November, PM sent!

weekender21

Reaction score
Just emailed my buddy Jason, hope it works for you.

bpnclark

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with an Omega! :beer-toast:

If you have problems with the sights (using them at 100 yards) theres a peep sight that you can put on. I put one on my Omega and it made a world of difference.

HanktheTankSB

Reaction score
QUOTE (bpnclark @ Sep 20 2011, 12:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339202
Cant go wrong with an Omega! :beer-toast:

If you have problems with the sights (using them at 100 yards) theres a peep sight that you can put on. I put one on my Omega and it made a world of difference.

Thanks for the tip, I think I read that somewhere else too, I will definately look into that.