Looking for a 20 gauge O/U

raybanfoxman

Reaction score
Evening gents,

Looking for a high sight rib 20 OU. Must be able to handle steel. Interchangeable chokes a plus. Whatcha got? Please feel free to PM. Thanks guys!

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Have had my trusty Ithaca 600 20 ga since I was a kid and it's everything I want in a bird gun - but can't shoot steel. Have been using a Citori 325 12 gauge and it's heavy and loud and sucks for climbing around looking for chuks.

Most promising replacement I have seen are the Franchi Instinct L and SL models. Much lighter than Citori or Beretta and less expensive too - about $1300.

http://www.franchiusa.com/instinct-l-over-and-under-shotgun

http://www.franchiusa.com/instinct-sl-over-and-under-shotgun

Better solution would be lower priced bismuth or other non-toxic loads (unlikely)

Maverick

Reaction score
Not for sale , but I have a citori built in '82 is it able to shoot steel?

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Mav said:
Not for sale , but I have a citori built in '82 is it able to shoot steel?
Good to go, as long as one barrel isn't a full......Or like Scott said, if it's got tubes.

Huntndogs

Reaction score
If you want a cheaper alternative that will handle steel and is very lightweight, take a look at the Steven 555. I bought on this year and absolutely love it. No ejectors, but for under 600 bones, it's a great field gun.

raybanfoxman

Reaction score
Huntndogs said:
If you want a cheaper alternative that will handle steel and is very lightweight, take a look at the Steven 555. I bought on this year and absolutely love it. No ejectors, but for under 600 bones, it's a great field gun.
I've looked at those and do like it, except that it's just too low of a ribbed sight for my face. Shouldering it, I was consistently high on the drop at comb. I could already feel the bruised cheek. My dad use to have a Beretta 686 that was a similar design and did the same thing. One day after quail was all I could do with that gun.

just_ducky_1

Reaction score
Drive to Texas, go to Academy, get yerself a Yldiz. I did and I absolutely love it!!!!
Cost me around $400 and out the door that day, shot sporting clays then got on a plane back here. God I love those places!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Academy can't/won't sell to Commiefornian's......No ammo either................. :smiley_nutkick_ani:

Brown Trout

Reaction score
Steve

You know way to many people not to know someone from an Academy state.... I have a 20ga o/u and a 20ga SxS Family in Texas!