Leupold customer service

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
I had an old pair of Leupold Wind River binos that I got about 15 years ago. They were good - not great - but I was more than happy with their performance given what I paid for them (I think around $250). They've been bounced around pretty good, lost the covers and the case. This past year the twist eye cups started slipping so they've been sitting on the shelf. I sent them in to Leupold about 6 weeks ago for repair, got a confirm saying it would take about 4 weeks to get them back. When I didn't hear back I called and was told that they no longer stock the repair parts so they were sending me a new pair. They showed up today - BX-4 Pro Guide HD's in 10*42. Brand new, in a sealed box. To say it is an upgrade over what I had is an understatement, just unbelievable. Can't wait to use them this fall.

Attachments

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
BigWave said:
Hard to beat that!!
I was going to buy the Leupold BX-4's but the Vortex Warranty is better IMO. Maybe not for the original owners, but if you aren't the original owner on Leupold, you're SOL. The Vortex warranty stays with the product, not the owner.

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
Zach said:
Hard to beat that!!
I was going to buy the Leupold BX-4's but the Vortex Warranty is better IMO. Maybe not for the original owners, but if you aren't the original owner on Leupold, you're SOL. The Vortex warranty stays with the product, not the owner.
I was not the original owner of the Wind Rivers, I bought them from a guy that won them at the MDF banquet. Leupold didn't require any proof of purchase.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Hogskin said:
Hard to beat that!!
I was not the original owner of the Wind Rivers, I bought them from a guy that won them at the MDF banquet. Leupold didn't require any proof of purchase. Exactly..nor will they ever. Good company for sure.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Hogskin said:
Hard to beat that!!
I was not the original owner of the Wind Rivers, I bought them from a guy that won them at the MDF banquet. Leupold didn't require any proof of purchase.

That is good to hear, that is not what I was told when I was shopping.

mouthcallinmatt

I have a pair of Olympic Gold Ring 12 x 50's where both of the adjustable eye cups are broken. I need to send them in. I read that they were produced somewhere else & they had problems & no longer make them. Hopefully I'll get a newer model too.