Laguna

kayakruner

Reaction score
Good luck with your hunt!! If you need a youth hunting partner let us know. He would love to shoot his first turkey! Thanks and have a great time.

weekender21

Reaction score
I really miss that hunt! Headed to central CA this week, might make it out.

weekender21

Reaction score
Yep, not many...In fact, I wouldn't waste my time.

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Reaction score
Was up there Sunday windy, wet, cold and ice falling from the trees. Then at 10 sunny but still breezy lots of Toms talking all over on Saturday evening.

Sunday we set up near were they fly down and as soon as they hit the ground everybody went for the thick woods and were as quiet as a mouse. Did spot one on the way back to camp got within 45 yards then see its a big hen. So we ate some breakfast and then chased some pigs further south did get the dog on a hot track but never could get a shot while the damn pig was running up the hill.

sportyg

Reaction score
Hmm looks like they know what time of year it is. LOL unless there have been lots of people down there running a round. Seeing how they went quiet so fast.

MJB better luck next time on that pig... They be hard to come by...

sportyg

Reaction score
Sorry for the late report... Checked all three areas I have found and hunted birds in none had any sign of turkeys in the areas as yet. Also went to the S.F wildlife area didn't find any around there either. Have seen them in there once in awhile more of a transit area.