King of the jungle

glass eye

Some serious teeth !......and don't work too hard, nice to be able to hunt so close to home and work.

El Maton

DAMN! Im sure the grizz tricks are bad ass but the dude doing the shooting has something to do with it. Congrats again :smiley-faces-toast-beers: SALU!

ilovesprig

Damn right Andy..........I agree. I think the shooter may have something to do with those kill shots............ :smiley-wnk-yellow:

weekender21

We hunted the same stands four days earlier and managed a double. My buddy killed a nice boar and I killed an average sow. This area is pretty good but I wasn't very optimistic that we could pull it off again. I had a young boar (45 pounds) come in after about 2 hours in the stand. I didn't need to kill one that bad. Laughter and load talking from some nearby hikers scared him off after about 5 minutes. Another smaller boar came in 20 minutes later and stuck around about 10 minutes. Conditions were close to perfect and I was pretty confident bigger hogs would come in but it was down to the wire. With only a few minutes remaining I heard one coming in. He was crashing through the bamboo like he owned the place so I knew he would be big. I settled my pin and let it fly the second he gave me a broadside shot. The shot felt good but when it's close to last shot you just never really know. As soon as I made it down to the arrow it was very obvious he wouldn't be far.

My buddy shot about 30 minutes before me and met me at my stand. We followed a short 60 yard plentiful blood trail that actually went up hill the last 30 yards. He was nicely piled up in the bamboo.

******PIG TEETH ARE SHARP******

I lifted the boar by one of his cutters to check out the other side and sliced my finger very deep, now we had 2 blood trails! We patched up my finger and got both hogs taken care of and in the truck by 10. I was finished butchering mine by 3AM and up for work at 6:30....ouch.

Attachments