Kern NWR 2021/22 Season Opener Will be Delayed

fish dog

Reaction score
Kern NWR 2021/22 Season Opener Will be Delayed - Now opening on November 20th...

duck-boy

Reaction score
Not at all. Drought is a natural cycle and good for Waterfowl. We are still above the long term average and no where near the population of the 80s. Let nature do its thing and read up on the population ecology.
No, drought is not good for waterfowl.

Whether or not it is a natural cycle is irrelevant.

duck-boy

Reaction score
Hmm, because the top Waterfowl biologists in the country say its not all bad. And your credentials are?
I have no credentials, I have not seen any top waterfowl biologists say that this drought is a great thing for the waterfowl. I know that CWA has been trying to get more water into the Klamath basin because of lack of water at a MAJOR staging area of waterfowl is a recipe for disaster (Avian Botulism). So apparently Avian Botulism is a good thing??????.

What are your credentials? Can you send links of how this drought is good for waterfowl and also good for waterfowl hunters please since you seem to know so much.

duck-boy

Reaction score
Also, if drought is good why support CWA that is saying we need to aquire water for the Klamath/Tule Lake that is not getting much water allocations because of the restrictions due to drought. Maybe we are being lied to. Maybe in times of drought these organizations are lying to us saying they need funds for water but in reality the less water we have the better the waterfowl population and hunting will be.....

Sounds like this will be a Great season for waterfowl hunters! Thanks for the education!

Designed2Hunt

Reaction score
I think your view is micro focused and looking at the short term rather than the long term.
The klamath/tule situation is man made, has been an issue, and will continue to be an issue after the drought. The larger threat to waterfowl is Prarie pothole habitat destruction and changing farming practices.

Why is klamath more productive than tule?