Keeping License from fading

socalcowboy

OK - didnt know where to put this topic.
But has anyone come up with a good way to carry your license, so it doesnt fade and you dont forget it because you put it somewhere..

I used to always carry mine in my wallet, but it starts to fade really bad - and I have heard other say they had to buy a new one cause you couldnt read it.

I just dont want to forget it when I go hunting and now that I am on the boom boom room of 40 - I have CRS - Cant remember ######...

SoCalCowboy.

ilovesprig

I carry mine in my wallet........If it fades........That's DFG's problem!........ :smiley-sigh-geez-green:

If they can't read it.......Then here's my GOID number........ :smiley-raisedeyebrow:

nicapopolis

I keep fishing and hunting licenses in my wallet. I have seen some slight fading but very minimal.

I put my licenses in a plastic business card holder. I think some places used to give them away as license holders as well. My guess is they either fade from the moisture of the sweat (swamp ass I call it) or from the body heat.

Maybe the plastic buisness card holder helps as a barrier. Those little plastic business card holders come free anytime you get new business cards, well at least through anyone I have ever ordered them from.

Phil

I called DFG to find out if they would accept a digital photo (smart phone) of a hunting license in place of the real thing. They refuse to accept modern technology, because they want to see the real thing. Doesn't make sense to me.

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
I called DFG to find out if they would accept a digital photo (smart phone) of a hunting license in place of the real thing. They refuse to accept modern technology, because they want to see the real thing. Doesn't make sense to me.
Just one more example of how low on the CA state goobermunt priority list (and thus why so primitive) DFW is.

...aaaaaanndd I keep my hunting license/Type A season pass in a small business card wallet. By year's end they are tough to read. I keep my fishing license in a plastic holder on a lanyard. The fishing license almost never gets taken out of its holder so always looks good.

fish dog

API just an FYI for ya, if you're keeping your fishing license on a lanyard to wear it in plain sight on the upper half of your body as required by law, you don't have to any more. They repealed that law a year ago (or was it 2 years ago?). If you just like to keep it that way though, disregard.

TonyS

I had one that faded two years ago and went to buy bobcat tags. The lady at the window of DFG said "you can't read this. I am printing you a new one".

So they are aware of their mess they have created.

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
fish dog said:
API just an FYI for ya, if you're keeping your fishing license on a lanyard to wear it in plain sight on the upper half of your body as required by law, you don't have to any more. They repealed that law a year ago (or was it 2 years ago?). If you just like to keep it that way though, disregard.
Yep, since I fish the surf quite a bit, the lanyard and plastic holder keeps things dry. What's really needed is a good source for t-shirts with a breast pocket.