J19/ D19

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
Well my son turn 12 this year and is so excited to be deer hunting. Took him out for the regular season and we only saw a few does and a couple of spikes. It's now the junior season and we can't seem to find any deer. Been hitting in hard for the past 4 days. Yesterday during the rain we found a spike but that's been it.

So my plea goes out to TOF. Does anyone have a hook up in this zone. Don't get me wrong we are going to continue to try but frankly we can use some help.

Iupa1

Reaction score
J19 ? What tag is this I know there is D19 but J19 thoughts was a X zone tag.

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
Ya the Jr hunt for d19 area runs for a week and it's either sex.

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
I thought it was J14 or J18. My son shot his first buck near Idyllwild / Hemet lake area with what I thought was a J18 or 14 tag in the first hour of the Jr season... Mostly because I'm a stud and a deer hunting aficionado... But I digress.

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
Yes you are right it's J14 for the Jr hunt in the d19 reg season area.

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
Well our deer season has come to a close. Although no deer was taken and it was a hard week of hunting...it was also a great season for my son and I. We want to thank the awsome members of TOF who offered my son their help. It's people like you who make this fourm so great. Thank you.

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
For those of you that helped, Thanks,

well Manny I can tell you this, some of the best bonding trips me and my kids have had have been on zero tags filled. hope your time in the woods with your son was memory's carved in stone

fishingkid

Reaction score
You guys put in your time. Bummer on the lack of deer seen. You and your boy had a great attitude about it way to stick it out til the end. Tough area to hunt. Thank you for letting me tag along bummer we couldn't locate those deer. Sorry about dragging you guys all the way up that mountain I thought we could find that buck again.

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
Lol now worries. We are grateful for the help. We did locate a buck on the last day while in the rain. He raised up on it but said he had a hard time keeping the cross hairs on the shoulder and it ran away with him never pulling the trigger. It was a very do able shot but as I told him..if he feels the shot is not right then it's his choice not to shoot. As fustrating as it might be for me...I'm proud of him...this being his first year deer hunting. He showed good ethical hunting values.