It just stood there and looked at her

QUACKILLR

Reaction score
Ie but now free comin at ya by way of Big sky coun
Around here they give the kids two days off school to hunt deer with rifle before the general season opens.they say it's a teacher training day... Ha. . Didn't want to travel far so we headed out to a local spot. Morning was a bust, all the bucks left the food before lst.. On the way back for the afternoon hunt we decided to stop and check the 7-08 zero on a old wooden fence post. To our surprise it was way off, not sure what is going on but it won't hold zero.. Calling vortex in the morning.. Anyway after wielding my 12 gauge on a recent duck hunt I figured why not let her try old faithful the thirty double O six.. On the way back out she says "dad, what if your rifle is off also" I replied "ha old faithful has never been off, sighted her in in 2001 and everything in the crosshairs has died since ".. After confirming on a plastic root beer bottle @ 200 we were on our way... About 6:00 the deer started trickling into the field, several bucks she decided to pass on, with about 10 mins left this guy came out of the creek bottom and walked to 50 yards and pinned us.. She says "dad should I take him " me. "No wait till he turns" her, "but he sees us and he is right there, I will put it between his legs" me, "don't miss" her "ok" "pow" me.. " your gutting that one sweetie"... Her.. "why".... 185 gr vld at 50 yards.... Looked like it swallowed a box of razor blades...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0

nicapopolis

Reaction score
What a freakin killer! Living the life brother.

JNDEER

Reaction score
School is overated anyways....Congrats to the young one, nice going!

TheGDog

Reaction score
That's soo awesome to have a moment like that with your kid! I'm hoping I can steer my 9yo into hunting.