Is it just me??

BigWave

Reaction score
Dam, this thing packs a wallup!! I'm shooting a TC Omega with 110 grns. of Blackhorn and a 250 grn. Barnes TEZ. Accurate as hell. I've had a couple 3 bullet groups touching, but dam this thing kicks!! Am I a cupcake and just soft shouldered, or is it real?

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Reaction score
Yep kicks like a mf mule!!

Just remember you only get one shot so make it count and the bruise is a badge of honor!

Try some of the flint lock for the real feel harder than bow hunting

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
When I lived in TN, I hunted with a 50cal over 150 grains of powder. It hurts, but wait till you see what it does to a deer-crumples'em!

Man up Sally!

BigWave

Reaction score
I shoulda known the answers I'd get from some of you effers!!!! :D :D

Yeah, I know. I get one shot but I've been shooting the hell out of it lately getting ready for the late Az muzz tag I have next month, and I've got the bruises to show for it!! Got one of those fancy scopes on it with crosshairs out to 250 yds. Smacking basketball sized rocks every time with it at 200-250 yds. That should get 'er done! I think I'll leave it alone for a bit. Thanks for the input!

Kirk.....150 grns? Ouch!!!

BigWave

Reaction score
QUOTE (Hunt Crazy in CA @ Nov 16 2011, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349288
buckup buttercup!!!!!...lol!!!! hey you only need one shot....hey you know what... if you want Ill take that one shot for you... :smiley-cool-shades-down:

You gonna be my pack mule brutha, or are you doing another video??? Ha! :lol: :lol:

paulc

Reaction score
wear a jacket or vest to shoot those things. Only scope kiss I ever got was off a ML. Laying down and that scope opened me up. Missed a good antelope.

MuleDeerHunter

Reaction score
How hard is it to get an AZ muzzle loader tag? What is the season? Good luck, and post up the pick when you get it done.

BigWave

Reaction score
QUOTE (MuleDeerHunter @ Nov 21 2011, 06:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350127
How hard is it to get an AZ muzzle loader tag? What is the season? Good luck, and post up the pick when you get it done.

Pretty tough for most hunts that I know of. I used a wad of points to get this tag. It wouldn't take as many as I had, but I found a few bucks in the past couple years that I felt were worth using my points there.

I sure hope to post a pic or 2!

hank4elk

Reaction score
My TC Omega seems to have a short stock for me,so to get the scope out to the right place I put a Limbsaver slip on pad on it. I shoot the exact same load and sabot and I can shoot a bunch of rounds thru it and no bruises...but it still kicks good. Keep it tight to your shoulder or you'll wind up with a moon scar like Paul.... I love the gun,very accurate.

BigWave

Reaction score
QUOTE (hank4elk @ Nov 22 2011, 07:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350174
My TC Omega seems to have a short stock for me,so to get the scope out to the right place I put a Limbsaver slip on pad on it. I shoot the exact same load and sabot and I can shoot a bunch of rounds thru it and no bruises...but it still kicks good. Keep it tight to your shoulder or you'll wind up with a moon scar like Paul.... I love the gun,very accurate.

I might try one of those Limbsaver pads. I've heard good things from others too. Thanks!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
QUOTE (BigWave @ Nov 22 2011, 06:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350282
QUOTE (hank4elk @ Nov 22 2011, 07:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350174

I might try one of those Limbsaver pads. I've heard good things from others too. Thanks!

Pull the string and take it out Sally! Buck up cowboy!

One Track

Reaction score
Somebody please get this guy some Vagisil.

Sorry man.

That's why you want to dial in that thing quicklike. Make notes. You should have it sighted in with five shots. Hopefully, you never have to sight it in again.

BigWave

Reaction score
QUOTE (One Track @ Nov 23 2011, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350362
Somebody please get this guy some Vagisil.

Sorry man.

That's why you want to dial in that thing quicklike. Make notes. You should have it sighted in with five shots. Hopefully, you never have to sight it in again.

I got it dialed in in 8 shots, I think. Been out with it 4-5 times since and shot probably 6-8 shots per trip to just keep the feel of reloading quick, etc. I'm GTG with it. Probably take it out 1 more time before my hunt.

bpnclark

Reaction score
Dont feel bad BigWave........I had the same problem. The limbsaver pad they make for the Omega will help a lot. And 90-95 grns of Blackhorn will help too. You might see your Omega shoots/groups better with that load too. Mine did.