i'm sooooo confused.....

c.tague

Reaction score
that's my best jeff spicoli, fast times...

I don't know where I want to apply, X9A or X12. taking my nephew who now has a few points, he's completely new so i'll be coaching him as we hopefully put him on his first deer. not certain we have enough ponts but we're going to try. either way, which would you choose?

hatchet, young Derek only has one point so we're probably going to be hittin' you up again, you got one set aside for the kid and if this goofy nephew of mine doesn't get drawn I might tag him along too.

7DUX

Reaction score
Are you applying as a party? How many points do you have? Do you know one of the areas better than the other from fishing or camping?

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
For sure curt..I got him covered,always welcome...let me know,wish I could help ya In the x zones..but im a southern d zone guy as you know......Paul,cals junior hunts suck choda..not enough tags available for any of the choice zones..such is cal..terrible..

c.tague

Reaction score
2 points each... probably wont get drawn for either one now that I think about it. I know x9a pretty well, not a thing about x12, I think that's why I want to try for 12, just to hit something new. (not what i'm referring to baby girl, if you're reading my stuff again)
I think i'm going to try for x12 expecting to get rejected, I still have my older son who has 4 points and still qualifies as an apprentice, now the question is about J7, is there anything left up there for him to hunt that isn't burnt??? either that or i'm putting him in for J7. point is, even if I get shot down with the nephews hunt I still have a good chance of getting up there with they older boy, i'm happy to be there even if i'm not the one hunting.

any thoughts on x12?

7DUX

Reaction score
X12 takes another point or half point to draw but you would be in the running for just the 10% random in either. The kids can apply for an X zone on the first tag and a J (apprentice) hunt on their second tag also.

7DUX

Reaction score
Your son with 4 points would likely draw any of the 3 zones mentioned. X12 sounds a lot better than J7 unless he wants to be able to shoot a doe and the X zone season is a lot longer.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Love X-12........My dad shot his 1st buck off of Hwy 395 & the West Walker.......Shot my 1st deer near Magee Creek (now a wilderness area)......I also shot my biggest buck near Buckeye Creek......My dad also won the big buck contest for his club twice with one buck near Jackass Flats (near Nevada border) and the other near Coleville........ :4cjq2h3_th:

Bodie is also included in this area. Which when I lived there was known for great bucks when we got the early migration....... :thumbs-up-ani:

I have not hunted it since the zone crap came into existence though........ :thumbs-down-little:

c.tague

Reaction score
well now i'm getting to the weeds on this deal but, while he will qualify as a junior because he's 17 on july 1, he will be 18 for the season, so with that, he's off to college so i'm also trying to find sometime that fits in to the Christmas break, hence the late season hunts, G3 is another one (no way we get that one unless I pull that rabbit out of my butt, again.... :smiley-yikes: ), along with the others I mentioned. now you see why i'm so stinking confused.... :Reagan-hittin-head-ani: