Illegal Immigrants

TommyJD

I'm wondering if anyone here has had encounters with illegal immigrants while hunting? I'm talkin' about border crossers likely engaged in illicit activity, particularly along the California/Mexico border.

I was told not to hunt alone as I would be overpowered and robbed of my guns.

ilovesprig

My encounters at Barrett in the old days were always ok......They'd just laugh and wave......In fact, never thought much of it till they stole my buddies backpack...... :smiley-raisedeyebrow:

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Never had a problem in most of the time they run the other way once they see you. If they do come towards you they usually just ask for water or directions........but you never know

I'd be more worried of the lions that you don't see

1984cj7

welcome to the forum... bienvenido a el foro :smiley-wnk-yellow:... yeah never trust anyone when they are in a do or die situation..

ilovesprig

I think I'd be more concerned about the "Coyotes" I don't see.........Just sayin'......... :smiley-cool-shades-down:

D

Dove Hunter

Many many times . Not as much now . The mules are usually at night with the big loads on their backs . Days jumping the line I have seen All of Central America as well Was popular right here on the Welton Canal

Attachments

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Quail hunting in the New River bottom used to be interesting..... You send a dog into the bushes to flush quail and a couple Hispanic types jump out..... Talk about needing to change your shorts!!

TommyJD

Seems most everyone here has had an encounter with an alien but nobody has quite felt their life was threatened . . . certainly not to the point of being deterred from a solo, overnight hunt. Am I right?

D

Dove Hunter

No just be aware of your surroundings . Remember these people are trying to avoid contact with anyone and the ones who prey on these aliens see that you are American and believe their would be a risk . No risk on illegals who they know are unarmed

Huntndogs

Had two encounters, one time a rep from the group at Barrett asked for cigarettes and the last time near Blythe they asked for food.

JNDEER

When I hunted in AZ two years ago we saw border crossers every other day. mostly small groups 2-4. When we saw a huge group walking through the area we wanted to hunt, we called BP and they came and got them. Never had any problems with them messing with out stuff. All the crossers we saw were just trying to get into the U.S. None were drug runners.

jringading

Big Game Assassin & Sherpa
Huntndogs said:
Had two encounters, one time a rep from the group at Barrett asked for cigarettes and the last time near Blythe they asked for food.
Be careful, if you feed them you can and will be charged with aiding and abetting. I know someone who got popped for it, ruined his year.

duck-boy

But I guess giving them water is cool, hence the water stations put up in the desert so they won't die of thirst.....what a joke. Government should just contract Uber to pick them up and take them to DMV so we can fast track them to getting Illegal alien ID'S and Illegal alien drivers licenses.

crab

The lines at the DMV make it hard for US citizens to take care of their business.......
Frickin lines have been out the door and around the corner of the building, all Mexicans.

I always make appoinments or use AAA for my stuff.

Surprised the Gov hasn't given illegals free computers to do this.....

El Maton

sureshot said:
The lines at the DMV make it hard for US citizens to take care of their business.......
Frickin lines have been out the door and around the corner of the building, all Mexicans.

I always make appoinments or use AAA for my stuff.

Surprised the Gov hasn't given illegals free computers to do this.....
I highly doubt they are all Mexicans, just because they look dark and speak Spanish doesn't mean they are Mexicans....but i feel your frustration!