If Wister cancels sweatline for 2020-2021 what will you do?

Jasonh

Administrator
Reaction score
Talk of not having a sweatline due to coronavirus? I've seen it all over social media and other sites.
What would you do if that happens and you don't have a reservation?
How quick will the 3 open slots at my club fill if they announce it? :D

duck-boy

Reaction score
It looks like a big possibility Jason, and I'm sure your spots will fill quickly.

Spanky

Reaction score
Have people sign up and then text the people who are drawn out of the hat. Seems the same amount of contact as filling resses.

mouthcallinmatt

Reaction score
One way or another, they will need the names of everyone hunting on each blind site. The cards they use for blinds chosen with a reservation & those from the sweatline are the same. They are touched by staff & by everyone who writes their names on the cards. There is zero reason to eliminate the sweatline for this purpose other than limiting the number of people that would show up. They aren't going to be able to control the amount of contact people have while hunting. The only reason to restrict contact would be to protect the dfw employees. If that's the basis for limiting or eliminating access (reservation holder or not), then they damn well better come up with a system to allow access to all. They still need to issue permit cards too. Again, touched by them, then touched by the hunter, then turned back in to them.

Not that I'm proposing it but I can see some kind of App for this in the future. Doubtful they could pull that off before the season though.

brndoglver

Reaction score
Check out the CDFW website they have posted Wildlife Area Operational Changes due to COVID-19.

Duckfan

Reaction score
Talk of not having a sweatline due to coronavirus? I've seen it all over social media and other sites.
What would you do if that happens and you don't have a reservation?
How quick will the 3 open slots at my club fill if they announce it? :D

Just a note:

They are having a sweatline (lottery) and will have refill lists

Duckfan

Reaction score
PS:

As expected, the Sportsman's Catering truck will not be available this year. Scott Sewell is going to try and advertise for new owners for NEXT season.

Just a reminder that no license or permits sales available at the check station. Come prepared.

Pass The Word..

mouthcallinmatt

Reaction score
I couldn't get on the video conference today. Were you on it Rick? Sounds like some stuff still getting worked out from the report I got but should be another one before the season.

Everyone should expect changes just like everything else we're dealing with these days. They'll probably have to adjust the process at least once but at least for now, it doesn't sound like reduced capacity or elimination of lottery drawings.

BJJ223

Reaction score
This is retarded. As usual, our government is incompetent. In February, they were slow to respond and people died. The virus WAS deadly. Now, it has mutated. It is not that deadly. And, of course, our government is slow to respond to this fact too.

They are doing the wrong things at the wrong time. They are literally shutting the barn door after the horse has left. There is no need for all these stupid precautions now.

The lockdowns MAY have been justified for a couple weeks in Feb/March. Now, they are absurd, useless, and killing our economy.

How many times have you heard any leader promote vitamin D3? Never. That is the single biggest thing you can do to prevent yourself from getting Covid19.

Clownworld has infected duck hunting.

Duckfan

Reaction score
I couldn't get on the video conference today. Were you on it Rick? Sounds like some stuff still getting worked out from the report I got but should be another one before the season.

Everyone should expect changes just like everything else we're dealing with these days. They'll probably have to adjust the process at least once but at least for now, it doesn't sound like reduced capacity or elimination of lottery drawings.

Matt... just seeing this message. I did post up the details shared at that meeting over on a different site.

And they did say they would hold another meeting but I haven’t heard anything more on that...

I can post up those details here later when I can get to my computer...