Identify this bird?

Benelli Shooter

Reaction score
This was outside my office this morning. Do you know what type of goose it is? They sure crap alot. It is a mine field on the sidewalk now.

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 135

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
Is this a single or part of a group? Might be an escapee from someone's back yard menagerie.

fish dog

Reaction score
Egyptian goose for sure. We had a pair that would nest on the fire station next door to my office every year for several years. I think one of them got hit by a car and don't think I've seen the other one for a couple years now. They liked to hang at the golf course across the street.

the supernuge

Lord of the 'fly's'
Reaction score
From what I understand they were part of the animals over at Lion Country Safari. That placed rocked. I guess they did very well here breading and such and have increased their numbers quite well. I see them all over the place!

CA_pheasant

Reaction score
QUOTE (Benelli Shooter @ Dec 14 2009, 10:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=238922
This was outside my office this morning. Do you know what type of goose it is? They sure crap alot. It is a mine field on the sidewalk now.

Re: "sure crap a lot". Estimate for honker crap is 1 lb per day per honker. Not sure who did the measurements (aka dirty job).

fish dog

Reaction score
QUOTE (CA_pheasant @ Dec 14 2009, 11:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=238944
QUOTE (Benelli Shooter @ Dec 14 2009, 10:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=238922

Re: "sure crap a lot". Estimate for honker crap is 1 lb per day per honker. Not sure who did the measurements (aka dirty job).

That's where we get the saying "Sh*t through a goose".