Idaho TOFer’s

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Reaction score
So the wife and I are going on a road trip to look at houses or property to have a home built on around the Boise area. Somewhere North, Northwest or West of Boise is what we are thinking.

Any of you guys/gals that are transplants or have family or friends that are waterfowlers have any recommendations on nice towns to live; but also close to good duck and goose hunting.

Really would like a place on the banks of one of the rivers, Snake, Payette, and Boise to call home. Not against living on a lake front either.

May even consider the Spokane or CDA area only cuz I have friends in those areas and would be a little closer to our son in Washington.

Comments and opinions are greatly
appreciated !!!

FredtheGad

Fredthegad
Reaction score
Bmax made the move up that way a while back, he pops in here once in a while....send him a pm. Not shure how often he checks the site any more.

DMax

Reaction score
Checked in :smiley-wave-hello-yellow: Not giving up my special spot. Corn fields a plenty IDAHO = IDAHOME MALLARDS AND HONKERS :smiley-w00t:

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
I know its a bit further north but ....... my good friend transplanted to a place called St. Maries . Very Good waterfowl flyway, lots of public / timber company land to hunt . I saw more deer per square mile than I have ever seen. 2 rivers come together there. Has a number of lakes near-by.
The town has very little crime and just feels homey.
I could not get over the fact that everything there is cheaper than Kalifornia. From groceries to fuel etc. Of course the real estate is much cheaper.

I have been to southern Idaho , Liked the St. Maries area a lot better but you probably have your reasons for Boise . Best wishes ! I have been on the verge of going out of state for some years .

But , no matter what , leave the California political thinking behind or else you will have a very hard time getting along with most everyone.

BOW

2rocky

Reaction score
If you get serious and lock down a place, I can give you local contacts. Live where you want to live. Workl where you have to work so you can hunt where you want to hunt...

In my case I left Mule deer and elk country so I could live on the family far, work a job that gives me a salary,bonus paid time off that I can use for week long backcountry adventures. I was not hunting as much as I would have liked living in the middle of it.....

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
shadowlawnskysthelimit said:
So the wife and I are going on a road trip to look at houses or property to have a home built on around the Boise area. Somewhere North, Northwest or West of Boise is what we are thinking.

Any of you guys/gals that are transplants or have family or friends that are waterfowlers have any recommendations on nice towns to live; but also close to good duck and goose hunting.

Really would like a place on the banks of one of the rivers, Snake, Payette, and Boise to call home. Not against living on a lake front either.

May even consider the Spokane or CDA area only cuz I have friends in those areas and would be a little closer to our son in Washington.

Comments and opinions are greatly
appreciated !!!

buddy of mine and his brother both bought places right on the snake, some of the best duck hunting I have seen

they both live within a few miles of each other in Hammett, ID, and Tim even shot a bull elk on his last year