I hate hunting blacktails!

snoopdogg

Reaction score
But I killed one on Sunday, though. After passing on some lesser animals in my earlier backpack hunt, I thought I'd take one down if the situation presented itself and we had great weather. I was looking for bears mainly, but wouldn't pass a decent blackie since I've got other trips planned and I'm not sure when I can head back into these particular woods.

Since had not seen bears for 3 days (which is an eternity where I hunt) I thought I'd go poke around for this forky and 3x I've seen once or twice. Weather changed up everyone's patterns, deer and bear. I have two tags, so I might fill one now if the situation presents itself.

I eased in on this guy, who wouldn't run, and was courting a damsel in distress. Well, he held on for a few minutes and just kept DARING me to shoot him. I obliged. Small 3x3 with 1 eye guard.

Oh, it was less than 100 yards and I let him browse, poop, and gave him several other opportunities to leave, but he wouldn't get the hint. He then quartered to me, staring me down. Kapoowwwwww! I had to debone him and work very hard and I don't appreciate that. Didn't even get to the other deer because of this hard-head.

See, I hate hunting blacktails!

Attachments

• buck reduced pic.jpg
    buck reduced pic.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 6

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Hahahaha! I do love it, but it's a bitch and moan I like to have!

El Maton

Reaction score
The nerve of that S.O.B....thats what he gets for trying to stare you down....and with 3 points no less and 1 eye guard?! hes lucky you didnt pop him right between the eyes! I hate blacktails!

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
He'd have a one way ticket thru the gate from were im from.. I hate deer in general..especially deer with 3 or more points..damn..

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Oh, I felt the hate in his eyes! I wasn't even looking at his girl. But, then he threw up hoof signs and that was it--no dissin' my hood. I think he yelled, "Men--DO!" claiming his national forest. He had to go.

sfjeeper

Reaction score
It's not a good idea to test the limits of a hunter with an itchy finger. Nice one snoop!