Hunting Boots - Recommendations - For SoCal Hot areas

Zach said:
RE: Weird-a** rule about Kangaroo Leather products :

Man... I'll tell ya... over the coming decades we've got to encourage our children coming from SANE... (thinks about himself then changes it to) or at the very least Logical-thinking families to start running for public offices.

These non-sensical rules one after another after another is just getting ridiculous.
Do the voices just come and go?
Don't know about GDog, but I always just do what the voices tell me. Its easier that way

But 'roo leather is again illegal in CA as of last year.

TheGDog

So what's the deal with 'Roo leather being illegal? Are their numbers threatened or something?

Just want to understand the reason why is all.

Not endangered at all, though they do look cuddly :)

I recall when it was first banned - I was in grade school and the PE teacher was bitching about it because Puma shoes were made of it at the time. This was before all the animal rights hysteria. I suspect it had something to do with protecting the domestic leather industry. Meat is banned in CA too on some bogus processing hygiene claim. I ate roo (tasty!) and all kinds of other meat in Australia - never got sick, never worried about it.

I recall it was legal again here for awhile, till last year. Ask that slobbering senile fool of goobernator we have why its banned again.

A friend has kangaroo leather upland boots and they are really lightweight and strong. He swears by them. Identify what you want and buy on your next trip out of state.

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
I had a pair of Georgia Boot's upland boots made from roo, they were incredibly comfy and light. And roo meat is very tasty, very similar to venison.

TheGDog

nicapopolis said:
So what's the deal with 'Roo leather being illegal? Are their numbers threatened or something?

Just want to understand the reason why is all.
They're cuddly.... duh!
No... that's the b!tch-slappy clench stuff they do as the try to scratch you to pieces, right before they rear back on the tail and and double front kick you!

TheGDog

Zach said:
RE: Weird-a** rule about Kangaroo Leather products :

Man... I'll tell ya... over the coming decades we've got to encourage our children coming from SANE... (thinks about himself then changes it to) or at the very least Logical-thinking families to start running for public offices.

These non-sensical rules one after another after another is just getting ridiculous.
Do the voices just come and go?
Naw... they NEVER freakin shut up! Only the Ambien makes them go away :)

I started out with some Irish Setter Vaprtreks but they killed my feet. Last season I upgraded to a pair of Crispi Summit's and they are awesome. Super comfortable right out of the box, and they aren't too hot, but part of that is making sure you have the right socks on. I wore them for a few days out in the Mojave in July and didn't have any issues, and I normally am prone to having swamp feet.

aeverett152

I typically have been using UA boots for the last several years. They are great for cold areas and out of state but im with you on the socal archery heat. Its brutal and makes it worse while wearing heavy duty boots. I started trail running a couple years back and started wearing altras. Light comfy and they make boots for all terrain. Alot of PCT hikers use them when they go through the sierras. Ive looked into their boots but waiting for my current boots to wear out first.