How Much Does a Desert Bighorn Sheep Tag Cost?

photohunter

Reaction score
10 Bucks! Woohoo!!!

Hello all. I haven't been on TOF for some time, but thought I would post up and let you guys know I won the Cady Mountains fund raiser tag. I can't believe my luck! I didn't want to let anyone know until it was confirmed by F&W. My big goal for the year was to get an A31 buck with my longbow, but plans are now changed. I'm back to shooting my compound bow now.

It looks like I get to hunt Nov through Jan and the other 2 tag holders can only hunt Dec & Jan, so there won't be other hunter pressure during Nov. I talked with BSBOWHUNTER this morning and he suggested I talk to SDHNTR. I remember these guys both got desert bighorns a while back and SDHNTR hunted the Cady's the first year they offered tags.

I plan on doing a lot of on-the-ground scouting before season and finding where the water is. The Mohave river is probably where a lot of sheep water, but I know there are a couple guzzlers in the area. So far, I haven't been able to find the Big Gees guzzler through internet scouting, but I know I'll be very familiar with the unit before season opens.

This tag also gives me a good reason to get in better shape and loose weight - like maybe 30 pounds!

Anyway, I'll post up some pics of my scouting progress and let everyone share some of the experience.

It's been a great week! My oldest graduated from UCI yesterday, I won the hunting tag lottery, and today is Fathers Day!

Happy Father's Day to all!!

Chris.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
Congrats dude..bring a rifle also..its a once in a lifetime oppurtunity..FINISH!

snoopdogg

Reaction score
You truly did win the lottery. Congrats!

2rocky

Reaction score
You talked to the two best authorities on the unit. Be sure you ENJOY the experience. The weight of a "Good Tag" can sometimes take the enjoyment of the hunt. It's gonna turn out great. YOu will have more help thayn you willl know what to do with.

BRET

Reaction score
Call Terry Anderson, San Gorgonio outfitters. He called me this morning with information on the Cady's that you need to know. said he would help you out with intel. 760-408-7118
Congrats again on the tag! Have fun.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Bret is right. I’ll help all I can, but I drew a long time ago so not sure how valuable my info would be. After the wet winter those sheep are really going to be spread out. And with some disease issues numbers are down. I’ll second the suggestion to call Terry. No one knows those mountains like he does.