How long before you Process Your Rabbits?

TheGDog

You jest about it... but I'm thankful for everytime I get to come home without injury. I'm hoping my karma in that regard is paid-up by that slip-and-fall wrist shatter in 2015. "The gift that keeps on giving!" lovely...just lovely.

nicapopolis

TheGDog said:
I'm totally exhausted....Hunted hard this morning and was able to drag these boys off the mountain....The one 4th from the left was down in a deep ravine….Thought I'd never get out...Good thing I had the SIL with me....I'm just getting too old for these rugged hunts...……..... :just-passin-thru:

Be careful sprig, I hope you had another hunter there with you. You'll note the Daily Bag Limit is 5. And the possession limit is 10. And this was the first day of the season, so there would have been no way to explain away having greater than 5 in your possession if green-jeans wanted to chit-chat with you today.

It just came to mind because I posted this pic on my FB post this morning before leaving, so it was fresh in my memory.
G... Steve mentioned in his post that his "SIL" (Son In Law) was with him as well. He is all good.

ilovesprig

Nick,

Thanks for having my back....Hell, Jacob got his 5 and after walking almost a 100 yds, I was too out of gas to hold the rifle steady and only got 3...... :smiley-biggrin-aqua:

ps....I need to get one of those fancy backpacks. So I can bone those bunns out.....Carrying them is way too much work.

Attachments

TheGDog

It's funny... while boning out the bunnies, I found out that on one of them where it took two shots... I pierced his ear midway up with the first shot. I remember being surprised that he stayed there after the first shot. Guess he must have been a little bit in shock? Strangely, he also had a single shot pellet on the back of one of his legs. So I guess it must have been there from last season?

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
ilovesprig said:
Nick,

Thanks for having my back....Hell, Jacob got his 5 and after walking almost a 100 yds, I was too out of gas to hold the rifle steady and only got 3...... :smiley-biggrin-aqua:

ps....I need to get one of those fancy backpacks. So I can bone those bunns out.....Carrying them is way to much work.

That thing is a toad. Next time bring a book of matches and eat him on the spot, save the hard work of carrying.

ilovesprig

Hogskin said:
Nick,

ps....I need to get one of those fancy backpacks. So I can bone those bunns out.....Carrying them is way to much work.

That thing is a toad. Next time bring a book of matches and eat him on the spot, save the hard work of carrying.
Great idea....Although, I had thoughts of the breakfast buffet on the way home........ :smiley-wavin-yellow:

ps...Good work 'Dog.....A couple I shot at are carrying a pellet.... :smiley-wnk-yellow:

Cazador Suerte

Lucky Hunter
Wabbit season.

Duck Season

Wabbit Season

Once again. Thanks for the chuckle here.

What is the point of all this? Still laughing. Thanks Mr Ed!