how do I run an in series battery set up?????

quackquackboom!!

Reaction score
I want to run two batteries in my boat with a hershey swith. Can someone draw me a how to on how to do this??? I'm terrible at electric work!!!!

FredtheGad

Fredthegad
Reaction score
A Hershey switch :thumbs-up-ani: ..........................dude that don't sound right :smiley-bag-on-head:

quackquackboom!!

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't know what half of the stuff in between means. I need something that explains what all the components in between are.

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
A Hershey switch :2: ..........................dude that don't sound right :smiley-bag-on-head:
Just for grins, I Googled "Hershey switch". All I got was things in PA and candy. :16: I do remember that we had male and female Hershey bars. The Male bars had nuts... :thumbs-up-ani:

quackquackboom!!

Reaction score
:smiley-bag-on-head: All of our fire engines have a Hershey switch for batteries. Hershey is a Company the unit I will be using is a simple toggle switch that transfers 1 battery, 2 battery, both , or none switch.

JDC

Itchin to pull the trigger
Reaction score
doublequackboom..

If what's already posted does not help, if you could post a link to the switch that you are using, or a schematic to the switch I can probably assist you in an understandable fashion.

Maverick

Reaction score
Its a rotatory switch that is commonly used on fire engines. QQB all the neg wires go in to the same neg post there will be a single post labeled 1 another labeled 2 you only connect the batter cables to the 3 post. On the one I have taken apart the Positive 1&2 have a red making and a +sing the neg has - and is black.

quackquackboom!!

Reaction score
I understand that much and I also understand its a basic rotary battery swith. The reason I wanted a hershey is because it is very compact vs. a big bulky battery switch.

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
I understand that much and I also understand its a basic rotary battery swith. The reason I wanted a hershey is because it is very compact vs. a big bulky battery switch.

James,

I have a xtra used battery switch and some marine battery cable you can have!