Horse Riding lessons

Jimm

Reaction score
Corona, CA ....... wherESSome of us live in
Going on a hunt in Sept and will be on a Horse for 3 weeks. Wanted to get on a horse a few times before I go out. Was raised with horses, so I am an OK rider...just been a while....Don't want to go on this hunt and be sore for the first week of riding.

Anybody have any info for horse riding in Corona/surrounding area.

cduck

Reaction score
We own a horse and my daughter takes pro lessons in addition to being taught by my wife....but we are in the San Juan Capo area.

WomanHunter lives in Riverside and may be able to connect you with someone. You may want to PM her.

You sure are in the right area for riding though Jimm!

Have fun on your trip!!

Skunkhunt

Reaction score
I am sure we can get you on a horse around here!

I will call some peeps to see when they are exercising them and see if you can get on one!

You would be suprised how much help you could be if they let you exercise them!

There are also quite a few places to rent them for river rides around the closest I think is off serfas club towards green river!

womanhunter

Reaction score
Jimm,

If you already know how to ride, i'd suggest just renting a horse from the dude string. There is a place off of the 15 fwy between 6th street and Limonite. The entrance is off of Hamner.

Really, the only way you're going to 'not be sore' is to ride about 2 weekends in a row before your trip. That should give your muscles time to adapt. 15 minutes on a horse 1 month before your trip won't help. I'd suggest 2 hours at a time as well.

Good luck!

>Karen

deadducks

Reaction score
There is a place to rent horses off Hamner, just a little north of 6th St.

Also Stacey Turners stables in Norco will give you lessons/tips or you can lease a horse from her and ride it when you want. She is in the phone book.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Skunkhunt

Reaction score
The place on hamner sold a while back! The city actually owns it and is turning it into an equstrian park / sports complex last I heard! Big community debate!!

WinMag1

I'm your Huckleberry!
Reaction score
Vancouver, WA by way of Southern California
Good post Jimm :smiley_rotflmao:

Like you, I had the opportunity to ride horses quite a bit as a kid but not too often as an adult. I still remember how to ride but need to get my muscles acclimated to the saddle for an upcoming Elk hunt into the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana.

I checked out the stables at the old El Toro Marine base hoping to find some horses to exercise, but thanks to the city of Irvine and Lennar Corp. they've pretty much pushed them folks out as they plan for the "Great Park", so it's good to see that there are still places to check out.

ESSposse

Marsh Ninja.... Deal with it.
Reaction score
Corona, CA. Where men are men and sheep are scared
Jimm......

On your way home tonight take the Greenriver exit and turn right. Go to the very end of Greenriver and it makes a left and turns into Paseo Grande. At that turn off to the right is a place that rents horses. Go down 2 more stops signs and make a left and that's Ontario and you're almost home.

Closer to horses than you thought.......

cduck

Reaction score
El Toro is a memory Steve. Our horse was one of the last one's there before they closed. I wanted to grab the El Toro Stable sign...but someone beat me to it!!! they claim they are going to have an equestrian center and stables as part of the new Great park...but I am not holding my breath!

There are some great stables down in San Juan Capo and you can do trail rides there. They are down by the Mission just on the other side of the RR tracks. there is Sycamore Stables, Rancho Sierra Vista, Equitus (I park my horse trailer there) and some others.

Here's a link if you want info on anything equine in SoCal...

Equine Link

Surely you can find what you want on Socal equine's site.

good luck my gay caballero friends!!!

womanhunter

Reaction score
Skunk,
You're thinking about the place NEXT to it. Used to be a big racing barn with lots of acres.

The stables IS still there as I passed it 2 days ago (horses are there and all) . its called the River trails riding stables, and used to have a listing in the yellow pages, so look there.

There used to be a dude string on Limonite (off the 15 fwy), but the Animal Shelter shut it down :smiley_rotflmao:

>Karen

The place on hamner sold a while back! The city actually owns it and is turning it into an equstrian park / sports complex last I heard! Big community debate!!

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
Heres an idea,

Get yourself a saw hours
Put a saddle on it.
Tie it down in the back to the truck,
Call ESS hell be your drive. (Dont worry you can trust him)
Mount up.
Ess you drive down the 15 to Elsinore and get off on lake make left if he still on buy the time you get off the freeway the beginner lessen is now over.
John make a Left, you'l see the spot
Welcome to the advance course.
Have fun and tell you wife not to wait up..................... :smiley_rotflmao:
I would sujest some Vicidin

Just trying to help

WinMag1

I'm your Huckleberry!
Reaction score
Vancouver, WA by way of Southern California
Way to go ODP!!!!!!! Just give directions to a fine Quail spot why dontcha!!!!!!!!! :smiley_rotflmao:

Hmmm, I can think of another thread where that information might come in handy. :smiley_rotflmao:

deadducks

Reaction score
First off the place on Hamner is still operating.

I think the place Karstic is talking about is off of Pheonix Club Drive (exit Ball, go east, right onto Pheonix Club. Go to the end of the road and its there. Near the railroad tracks.

Dan

00BuckShot

You can have my guns when you rip them from my col
Reaction score
ODP wins the "Best Idea of the Day" award!

(However, he lost the spelling bee!)

Skunkhunt

Reaction score
I think I have a few for you to ride I will know when she gets back from river!

cduck

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh...just got back from the stables...went by the other stables to check up on my trailer...nothing like Saturdays when every hot mama in South OC who owns a horse is there in tight ass English riding pants, field boots and a skimpy top!

I could just keep driving through the stables all day checking out the sites!! :smiley_rotflmao: