HELP - Best Online Hunter Ed course

El Toro

Reaction score
My 15 year old son needs to pass his hunter safety. I want him to take an online course so he only has to sit through 4 hours of classroom and take his exam. I am only aware of Hunter-Ed and HuntersExam for California. Both charge $24.95 and there doesnt seem to be any other way to compare them. Is there anyone with a recommendation for a good course my 15 year old will like better? Any comments about pricing would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

El Toro

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Welcome El Toro........................ :beer-toast:

I don't know much about the on-line classes, but I've always felt the classes they give at different locations throughout California were a better way to go. It gives the child the experience of being around like minded others, on hand shooting in many cases, and you can be there with him for moral support..................... :two-cents:

Where you from?..............Down here in San Diego classes are practically free.

DOG ON POINT

Reaction score
my son turns 9 next week and loves the online course, instead of pictures it show some animation of how things work... will still need to take a 4 hour course and pass a 100 question exam. at the bottom of the on line course it gives different locations. Raughees was good because they gave a lot of discount coupons for sporting clays...

Brushstomper

Reaction score
Both my girls took their hunter Ed class on the base (camp Pendleton) it was 8 hours and very informative! It was also free.They do it once a month. You can get more info by calling the wardens office. Good luck with which ever one you choose.