HAM Ticket

karstic

Reaction score
Well I took and passed the Technician exam this morning.

Woohoooo :two-cents:

JDC

Itchin to pull the trigger
Reaction score
Congrats Karstic!!

Ham operators have always been one of the few methods of communication when natural disaster hits.

BillinSD

Reaction score
I have a HAM license also......... :smiley-cool-shades-down:

Bill

bluemel8

Reaction score
I have e question for you all.

What kind of portable radio do you carry in the field? I know most carry some kind of FRS/GMRS radio, but you operators must carry more watts.
What brand/model do you like?

Thanks!

BigWave

Reaction score
I have e question for you all.

What kind of portable radio do you carry in the field? I know most carry some kind of FRS/GMRS radio, but you operators must carry more watts.
What brand/model do you like?

Thanks!

KG6UNE here! Wifey is KG6UND. For HT's we use the Yeasu VX-5's. They are a very nice little unit with plenty of power if needed. Most of the time we use the FRS/GMRS radios for hunting and hiking, but most times I have one of these in my pack. Our mobile units are all Kenwoods.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
i have the book but have not opened it yet...does that count? most of my biddies that hunt D12 have there HAM lic.

Whiteknight

Reaction score
I have 2 ham radios, one mounted in my jeep and a portable icom model IC-T7H. I don't use them because I do not have a license and I am not sure where to get one.

bluemel8

Reaction score
I have 2 ham radios, one mounted in my jeep and a portable icom model IC-T7H. I don't use them because I do not have a license and I am not sure where to get one.

Lots of local clubs to test thru. If you need help and are near Corona/Riverside, i can set you up.

Steve KI6OQU

BigWave

Reaction score
There are many practice test sites out there. We read the book, but I have to say that the practice exams were probably the most help before actually taking the test. Like I said, theres a bunch of sites out there. Do a Google. Heres one that we used quite a bit. Good luck!

http://www.eham.net/exams/