GoPro 4

montana13

Reaction score
I will wait until they add a zoom feature. It's almost worthless for filming hunts without zoom. It's great for other sports like fishing, but i would primarily want to use it for hunting.

fishingkid

Reaction score
I have used mine on several deer hunts and a few bird hunts. Just got done uploading a coyote hunt and pics from a deer hunt dam those things suck at a distance. Up close or nothing at all. Zoom feature would be awesome.

Fowl Play

Reaction score
Setting the GoPro to narrow instead of wide helps with longer range shooting a little bit. There are aftermarket zoom lenses for the GoPro, but I don't think GoPro themselves will ever add a mechanical zoom feature (unless they start branching out of the "action cam" market). Adding a zoom lense would require some form of viewfinder to make sure you're capturing the shot, but then your in DSLR territory. GoPros selling point is a very small wide angle camera for very close point of view filming and they dominate that market.

Fowl Play

Reaction score
I am very curious about that $130 version. Having a couple of those could make for some great shots.