Give me my deer back....

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Had the pleasure of glassing a cut, seeing a doe on high alert looking the other direction as a buck busted out. He ended up just over 200 yards and at the shot, he ran low and down a ravine. I hustled up and looped downhill to see if I could cut him off or see him down. Blood was thin but after the recent rains I could track him pretty good. As the blood on the ground had clotting, I knew he'd be close and I started to hear noises just below me. I crept closer and found a hunter standing over my deer. A bear laid claim to it and was doing its best to rip open the guts. All 4 paws were on the deer and wasn't giving him up. Small bear and after some words, he split, coming back 3 other times while I was cutting the buck up. Late season deer and a lucky bear.

Attachments

• IMG_4706.jpeg
    IMG_4706.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4682.jpeg
    IMG_4682.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Weeks prior, I glassed up this lion and it's mate at 300 yards. They slept and hung out in the same spot for 7+ hours. Lots of video and pics and few deer.

1635393609429-jpeg.62102

JNDEER

Reaction score
Well done.
Never had a doubt- little worried, but never a doubt!

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Well done.
Never had a doubt- little worried, but never a doubt.
This was the latest I've ever killed a deer in CA. Had to figure out late season tactics on the fly and barely missed out on a really nice buck two days before this one. 3 states and 3 animals. Solid year!

Ambush

Reaction score
Congrats, hunting a bit lower in elevation looks like. The last week with the weather was killer.

Spanky

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of glassing a cut, seeing a doe on high alert looking the other direction as a buck busted out. He ended up just over 200 yards and at the shot, he ran low and down a ravine. I hustled up and looped downhill to see if I could cut him off or see him down. Blood was thin but after the recent rains I could track him pretty good. As the blood on the ground had clotting, I knew he'd be close and I started to hear noises just below me. I crept closer and found a hunter standing over my deer. A bear laid claim to it and was doing its best to rip open the guts. All 4 paws were on the deer and wasn't giving him up. Small bear and after some words, he split, coming back 3 other times while I was cutting the buck up. Late season deer and a lucky bear.
That is freaking crazy! Nice buck there!