Garmin Customer Service

FForF

Reaction score
Just thought I would let ya'll know that I am throughly amazed at the Garmin Customer Service.

Week ago I was driving up to visit my Mom for my birthday. Loaded up my Rino with a good route to a Best Western half way and took off. After having this unit for 2 or 3 years now (no longer under warrenty) and abusing it on my boat, the Salton Sea, etc it finally locked up on me and wouldn't follow the route.

I call Garmin Technical Support they give me a RMA # and tell me to send it in. I send it with a request to also replace the LCD screen since I had put a scratch in it.

Send it off UPS 2day expecting it to take a while and to get a call to pay $100.00 + dollars. 5 days later it shows back up in the mail brand new. New LCD No Charge!!! They even paid shipping to get it back to me. I figure it took 2 days to get there which means they turned it in 24 hours.

Now this is where it gets interesting. I have it in my back yard and am waiting for it aquire (takes a few minutes the first time) phone rings I put it down and go answer the phone. Forget about the unit in the back yard.

Get up in the morning and rember the unit with a sinking feeling. Run outside and sure enough the dog has ate it. I mean the radio housing is chewed off and the antenna wire sticking out about 6 inches, the LCD is cracked, the case is chewed front and back, the GPS antenna houseing top is chewed off and the GPS antenna is exposed and chewed. It is still on and working!!!

Get my other radio just to check and not only is the GPS recieving but the radio even still works although it is hard to press the transmit button since it is chewed pretty bad.

I think no way are they going to take back this thing this time. Remember no warrenty.

Give Garmin Technical Support a call again and the guy even remembers me. I tell him what happens, he laughs asks me what kind of dog I have, talk a bit about hunting and retrievers. He says with the extensive damage I am describing they would normally charge $80.00 to basically replace the unit since it is still working. He says he will only charge me $40.00 and to send it in so they can put it their display of destroyed units that still work.

Now this is a $250 unit replaced for $40.00. That is service!!

I was kind of hoping they would tell me it was a lost cause so I could upgrade to the Rino 530. Really want that unit.

I'm writing a letter thanking them and praising their great service.

I am a Garmin customer for life.

pbrdog

Reaction score
I've had very good service with Garmin also. Not to the extent you have, but they defanitely have a great customer service.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
WOW!!! thats great because i just purchased 3 120's for deer season and know damn well mine will get beat to hell...lol

10greenheads

Reaction score
do you have the phone number

i could use some help with figuring out mine

thanx duckhunr