First frogs of 2018

SaltonSeadog

Hit the Highline canal for some late afternoon fishing, and got a couple bites but no fish. The water is hard and fast, and a lot of crap in it from dredging. Almost a waste of time this Spring so far.
So we cruised Wister for a while, looking for Frogs and Snakes. Still a bit cool for them but did manage to get three.
I have learned that the best way to avoid Rattlesnakes is to look for them.

Attachments

SaltonSeadog

I soaked them in milk and dredged in Aunt Jamima’s pancake mix.
I usually just use seasoned flour, but I wanted to try my big brother’s trout recipe this time.
I think I like the seasoned flour better. The other is a bit too sweet.

muledeer07

So all I got to do Barry is intentionally go out and look for snakes and I won't see any????????????? Ha fat chance of that happening those things follow me where ever I go. Even got a call late saturday night our security at our test center in Carlsbad had a rattlesnake on the second floor balcony. I had to come and take care of. Now tell me how a rattler gets ups there.

SaltonSeadog

We were out there until 1am this morning, we got a better bag of frogs this time, but not a sign of a snake. I looked pretty well too. I would like to get a nice big fat one, but they are usually skinny this time of year.