El Centro Dove

Spanky

Looks like I get to spend the week in beautiful El Centro for work. I'm considering taking the smoke-stick out there to get in some dove hunting. I've never gone dove hunting out in that area but was looking for some intel on public land areas that I might be able to hunt on. Not familiar with hunting the area so any suggestions are welcome. We start work early "before sunrise" and usually knock off by around 1pm. Thought I'd get in a couple late afternoon/sunset hunts while I'm there with nothing else to do.

Thanks!

crab

Spend an afternoon with your smoke stick and drive around.
With this cooling trend at night now the birds will be moving around.
Whitewing first to leave.

crab

A field we hunted opener for 2 days was under water yesterday.
So conditions are always changing.
Scouting is your friend.

Limited Out

Crazy not to take your shootin' iron along with a bass rig for some after work relaxation! You're going to find some birds if you look around, there's always Euros.

crab

Limited Out said:
Crazy not to take your shootin' iron along with a bass rig for some after work relaxation! You're going to find some birds if you look around, there's always Euros.
Funny you mention the bass fishing.
Dude in a truck passes me on a paved secondary road like his house is on fire....
10 miles up the road, there's dude dipping his line, probably his favorite hole.
Line dippers as hard core as hunters when it's about getting to your spot.