Ed and Roy

snoopdogg

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
190
Points
63
You boys have been popping up on the interweb lately, Ed scoring that monster ram and Roy's article in WH. Good stuff fellas.
 

JNDEER

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
3,839
Reaction score
268
Points
83
Location
Where I Am
Wonder who or if both will be looking into the Gordon buck??
 

snoopdogg

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
190
Points
63
I do love the fact that the Gordon buck was kept virtually off grid. I hadn't heard jack about it.
 

BOHNTR

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
114
Points
43
IF he decides to strip the velvet and have it panel measured........I'm sure it will take some time to measure. Dang that thing is gnarly....but AWESOME!
 

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
13,445
Reaction score
1,265
Points
113
Location
THE BONEYARD...
Yup
.knarly Creature for sure..what makes this buck so awesome in my opinion is it does not sound like he had 25 people out looking for this deer for him at a high rate of pay only to then sit on the deer and block roads and deture people from entering the area..that type of crap seems to be the new norm these days sadly....kudos to gordon for getting it done old school ..hell of a buck!
 

JNDEER

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
3,839
Reaction score
268
Points
83
Location
Where I Am
The article from Ovis made it seem as if he was as going to strip it to be entered in P&Y.

Hatch- I have not read the account of the hunt.... you got insider info into the details???
 

BOHNTR

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
114
Points
43
We’ll see if he strips it and offers it for panel. Hope he does, as it would be exciting to see if it is as big as they say. Either way, a heck of a buck.

As for the articles, I wasn’t sure what you all were referring to? Then someone told me about the WH link......Ha, those articles were from a few years back when I worked for the magazine. They must be ‘re-furnishing’ them. :)
 

JNDEER

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
3,839
Reaction score
268
Points
83
Location
Where I Am
So if he doesn’t strip then can he still have it officially measured by P&Y?


I am still baffled that a deer like that has no prior pics before 2018...... guess big foot could exist...
 

BOHNTR

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
114
Points
43
He could enter it into the records program for the velvet category.....however, velvet antlers are NOT eligible for world record status. It would appear in one printed book, un-ranked. The latest velvet only version (book) of the records program listed them un-ranked and by recording period.....not sure if that will continue.
 

BOHNTR

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
114
Points
43
Not u common at all for bucks not to be seen. Y others.....especially those that live in extreme locations (high-country, Strip, remote deserts, etc.)
 

GUNDOGLOVER

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
3,891
Reaction score
388
Points
83
Age
71
Location
Lakewood
I finally saw a photo of the beast. Hatch is dead on knarly.
 

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
286
Points
83
Age
43
Location
South Coast Socialist Republic of Kalistan
BOHNTR said:
We’ll see if he strips it and offers it for panel. Hope he does, as it would be exciting to see if it is as big as they say. Either way, a heck of a buck.

As for the articles, I wasn’t sure what you all were referring to? Then someone told me about the WH link......Ha, those articles were from a few years back when I worked for the magazine. They must be ‘re-furnishing’ them. :)
Looking at the pics I have seen, that is going to take a heck of a long time to panel measure! Insane buck, hope he strips it so it can get measured... Crazy buck.
 

BOHNTR

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
114
Points
43
BC:

How you doing, amigo? How's pops?
 

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
4,536
Reaction score
448
Points
83
BOHNTR said:
Not u common at all for bucks not to be seen. Y others.....especially those that live in extreme locations (high-country, Strip, remote deserts, etc.)
And that's what I love about hunting, you just never know what you might run into.
 

BOHNTR

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
114
Points
43
bearclaw said:
BC:

How you doing, amigo? How's pops?
All good here amigo, how are you? He and I are in the midst of finalizing our fall plans, I will be headed back that way soon to see them You all settled away for Kalistan now?

Absolutely.....love living up here in the White Mountains. Had elk in the field this morning! On a year you or I don't draw anything, bring pops up and we'll chase some deer up here in August! Not a lot of them, but there's enough to keep it fun and challenging. Of course you'll drool over the darn bulls you'll see. :)
 

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
3,037
Reaction score
336
Points
83
Location
Colorado
BOHNTR said:
He could enter it into the records program for the velvet category.....however, velvet antlers are NOT eligible for world record status. It would appear in one printed book, un-ranked. The latest velvet only version (book) of the records program listed them un-ranked and by recording period.....not sure if that will continue.
According to Instagram, He's not gonna strip it. We'll see.
 

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
286
Points
83
Age
43
Location
South Coast Socialist Republic of Kalistan
BOHNTR said:
BC:

How you doing, amigo? How's pops?
All good here amigo, how are you? He and I are in the midst of finalizing our fall plans, I will be headed back that way soon to see them You all settled away for Kalistan now?

Absolutely.....love living up here in the White Mountains. Had elk in the field this morning! On a year you or I don't draw anything, bring pops up and we'll chase some deer up here in August! Not a lot of them, but there's enough to keep it fun and challenging. Of course you'll drool over the darn bulls you'll see. :)





I'll see ya in 6 months then!
 
Top