Eastern Sierras April 13th

jsegoria

Reaction score
Spending some time up in the Eastern Sierras for my son's photo project. Managed to fly fish the East Walker for 2 hours today. Tough with the wind but got one nice Bow to hand and got smoked by a larger one. Bridgeport Res is ice free. Crowley is ice free. Upper and Lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport are ice free. Still seeing a crap load of Cinnamon Teal and still some geese. Virgina Lakes are iced over and you can drive up to the big lake. I managed to get a couple of ski runs in up there on a gentle slope off the road. If I fish Hot Creek I will post up. Don't bother fishing with less than a 4x on the EW and bring a long handle net. Night boys.

John

jsegoria

Reaction score
Tonight. Still up here. Just fished Hot Creek for 2 hours. 8 or 10 on the fly. Gave an elderly lady a 20 minute tutorial on how to nymph. Gave her some flies set up her fly rod. Turned around and she was hooked up.

John

[email protected]

Reaction score
John Segoria said:
Tonight. Still up here. Just fished Hot Creek for 2 hours. 8 or 10 on the fly. Gave an elderly lady a 20 minute tutorial on how to nymph. Gave her some flies set up her fly rod. Turned around and she was hooked up.

John
Fishing AND nymph'n! Now I'm jealous!