Eastern Sierra closures

YORT40

Reaction score
For you boys who have a tag in this area. Here's a little bit of info. for ya.
Over the last year, the USDF has decided to close a few dirt roads they feel are not in need. In most cases you will find a "Road closed" marker with boulders or a post blocking the road.

Well our local environmental group, "Friends of Inyo/Mono county" has taken matters into their own hands. They have been busy blocking roads without any authority to do so. So if you come across a road this season which is blocked with a branch on small wood blocks & cut sage brush staggered over the road. Feel free to do as you please.

Just saying!

Troy

nicapopolis

Reaction score
We ran into a few of those last year as well Troy. We checked with the local office to make sure they were not legit.

Went one week to scout, came back the next and more roads blocked. That did not last long though.

Thanks for the heads up. I knew something was up.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
No surprise..........The anti's are everywhere in this state......... :angry:

Would love to catch one of these POS doing this......... :smiley_brick:

hank4elk

Reaction score
Sounds like what some outfitters do here to keep folks from going where they have hunters.....doesn't work with me,I take pictures and report them.

msasser

Reaction score
Troy if you find a road blocked by beer and beef jerky I'm back there and you should enjoy the gift but find a new spot :smiley-wavin-yellow:

YORT40

Reaction score
Troy if you find a road blocked by beer and beef jerky I'm back there and you should enjoy the gift but find a new spot :smiley-wavin-yellow:
Well if you run into a tall skinny kid claiming to be Yort junior in X9B. Take the beer away from him. But he'll go all day on the jerky & bubble gum.

Troy

imnrut

Reaction score
I'm starting a new group if anyone wants to join... FIMCK ( that's Friends of the Inyo/Mono County Killers)
It's definitely getting worse every year around here. If they can illegally take matters into their own hands, then so can we. I think we need to start broadening the use of our vehicle winches.
I've seen a few roads recently that they've blocked. One in particular, they probably spent days on with a full crew. Roughly 100 yards of assorted dead brush, rocks, or anything they could find were used to fill in the road. To me, it looks worse. It's not like we're making new roads. Leave the existing ones alone! Problem is, these types of people have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives than F$%* with ours. If they want a war...

bpnclark

Reaction score
People started closing gates (not locking them, just closing them) and putting up No Tresspasing signs in my D5 spot a couple years ago. It did keep out the new guys so I wasnt too mad. Just know the rules and dont be scar'd to call someone out on it. F them.

hank4elk

Reaction score
goindeep said:
Does the local law enforcement care about what's going on?
How about FS? They know.
It's the same as any tampering with the land outside of normal use or scope without permit. Like dumping. A violation of FS rules.

Bucknut

Reaction score
The cool thing is, what took them hours to accomplish, you can destroy in minutes. And it's fun! :smiley-yellow:
They actually take the time to bury dead sage to make it look like it grew there.

imnrut

Reaction score
goindeep said:
Does the local law enforcement care about what's going on?
Good question. I'm sure they're aware. If I were a super trooper and caught them doing it, I'd love to grab them by the hair and rub their noses in it.

Bucknut: You got a point... it is fun!

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Some of these were placed in the dumbest places too. They would have their stupid log jump 6" high fence, then sage for 50 yards then road again. By the end of opening weekend of archery a few of those logs seemed to be de-railed.

We have had those idiots drive by and honk and yell out the window at us before. They got one of these.... :mooning: :smiley-face-moon-yellow: :smiley-moon-face-yellow:

sloth1833

Reaction score
It would be interesting next time there is a fire and the FS has to clear all that crap out of the way before fighting the fire. They are not just slowing hunters from accessing the areas they delay EMS / Wild lands fire crews too. then they will complain that FS did not suppress the fire fast enough ... i hate hippies

msasser

Reaction score
I found "Friends of the Inyo" on facebook............... I liked the page cause ya know I'm funny like that.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
FamilyTradition said:
I found "Friends of the Inyo" on facebook............... I liked the page cause ya know I'm funny like that.
Me too.... This could be fun to watch.