Duck full bodies vs shells

beretta619

Reaction score
Looking to get more decoys to put on the edge of dikes and on loafing bars. Full bodies look better but shells are way cheaper and easier to transport. Do ducks care? I'd prefer full bodies but if the ducks don't mind, shells will hurt the wallet a little less.

I have 4 ghg pintail and am looking to get a some mallards or a few more pintail to go with them.

I'll probably wait until after the season to see if any sales pop up.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
I have been shopping and searching decoys religiously the last few weeks. Mostly snows, but full body ducks as well.

As Eric said, shells with stakes work. If you find cheap used shells without stakes you can add the avery motion stakes to them.

Check sierra trading post, cabelas bargain bin, and Rogers if you want to buy new.

You have time before next season. You should be able to find some dirt cheap.

Someone on the refuge forums just sold 2 doz mallard shells for $100. I missed um.

Edit - in So Cal I would add full body wigeon for sure. Also watch sales on black duck full bodies. They work, but you can also paint um too.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Killer B said:
Or have buddies that want to get real crazy with modifying those black ducks

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Those are so very bitchin'................. :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

ps......I use nothing but full bodies......But then again, I'm rich...... :smiley-sideways-laff-aqua:

SBISHOP79

Reaction score
Look me up at the end of the season. I may be getting some new full body decoys and sale off the old ones.