Does shutdown affect D14 zone

slinky_70

Reaction score
Anyone know of the gov shutdown is going to close deer hunting in D14

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
I just got back to work to find all the gates that can be shut have been shut. It sucks and is total BS. But there are only a few leo's around so take it for what it is worth last I checked it was our national forest

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
WTF... closing gates? What about Glendora Mt Rd?

Check this out... I went to the US Fish & Wildlife web site to check on a taxidermy permit... The web site was down. A friken web site for Gawds sake... Ed F

shot_out

Reaction score
Glendora was locked yesterday, if your talking about the one off east fork in Angeles...

popx5

Reaction score
3 days ago I noticed some gates locked in the Big Bear area. I assumed it was because of the Washington debacle. Yesterday, I talked with the USFS cop in Big Bear who told me additional gates/areas would be closed. He also said he anticipated a full closure of the entire forest (no entry) in the coming days. I won't go into all the conversation here, but after talking to him I talked with senior SB USFS law enforcement officials and was told the forest was not closed, and a meeting was taking place this morning to address the issues.

In a nutshell, the gates closed 3 days ago are now open. ( I checked myself and they are open ) The forest is open except developed campsites, picnic areas, etc. including remote yellow post campsites. Some roads here have been closed because of fires and remain closed, but there is no "new" road closures.

I did check a few remote yellow post campsites, and they are posted as closed with a copy of some bs closure order from Washington. All of the developed campgrounds here ( Hanna flats, Serrano, etc) remain closed as well as day use areas.

Go hunt!

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
Rifle is right around the corner. Westy and I plan to hunt D14 regardless of the closure. We're not camping so it should be OK.
If we get a ticket, I will gladly fight it tooth and nail.