Do Eurasian Dove Count?

I don't think so. Dove aren't included on Harvest report, just resident game birds and I didn't see them on the list. They are on the Federal HIP survey and that is just for migratory species. I might be wrong, but I think they are regarded the same as pigeons.

Doug

I don't think so. Dove aren't included on Harvest report, just resident game birds and I didn't see them on the list. They are on the Federal HIP survey and that is just for migratory species. I might be wrong, but I think they are regarded the same as pigeons.
Hey I'm very interested in taking some of these.

Could you possibly give some insight as to what region I should scout in to try and find these Doves?

You don't say whereabouts you are, but they are everywhere. Literally. Learn what they look like and you will see them. They tend to act more like pigeons than mourning doves. They seem to like hanging around structures which can be problematic since you have to be 150 yards away from inhabited structures. But find a good spot and the take can be large. Just don't shoot more than you are willing to clean and eat.

Doug

You don't say whereabouts you are, but they are everywhere. Literally. Learn what they look like and you will see them. They tend to act more like pigeons than mourning doves. They seem to like hanging around structures which can be problematic since you have to be 150 yards away from inhabited structures. But find a good spot and the take can be large. Just don't shoot more than you are willing to clean and eat.

I fully understand the Hunter's Code, been doing this for 5 generations now.

What I should've asked was, "do they act like quail or more like dove".

Heard some buddies of mine call em Pretty Pigeons on account of their size.

I got another question for you though.

Do they spook easy like quail, are they spot&fly like pigeons, or do they act more like dove where they circle on back?

I've never made contact with these birds (San Bernardino), so it's a mystery as to what land features I can look for.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Out here in CO they are about as dumb as they come.

SaltonSeadog

They fly slow, and don’t zig zag like mourning doves. They tend to stay closer to town, like pigeons. Farmhouses are good spots. Ask permission, and folks often say yes. Follow the code, and you can return.

Jasonh

Administrator
I found them in Date farms in Bermuda Dunes - Coachella. Permission was granted as long as I didn't shoot the trees. And it was 115F the next day after scouting for them. Decided it wasn't worth standing around in the sun in that heat for them on dove opener with two kids.