Dixie's first quail opener!

rodbehbood

Reaction score
So headed out with my good buddy on a quail trip and we hunted Sat and Sunday and did very well! Had a great time and laughed so hard I cried a few times! Great hunting comes in the form of great hunting partners and Mark is definitely that guy. Since I trained Dixie mainly for my waterfowling adventures her upland game is a bit weak and she has some bad habits but she really came into her element and did very well. She needs to hold points a little more steady and out in open country she becomes a wild flusher if I let her get a way from me. We have work to do but nothing that can't be fixed. Since Dixie does so well as a retriever and loves the water, I started calling her a GSL (German Shorthair Labrador) hope you GSP guys don't crucify me hehe... Anyhow she ran and ran and ran for two days and wanted to hunt some more. I was very impressed and really want to hunt upland more this year because of her. We took 40 birds on Saturday with Mark and his buddy and nephew and Sunday ended with two limits for Mark and I before we left. I also found an awesome Mulie shed with a cool kicker the second day!! Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy the pics and I can't wait for this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_8178.JPG
    IMG_8178.JPG
    791.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8513.JPG
    IMG_8513.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8622.JPG
    IMG_8622.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8608.JPG
    IMG_8608.JPG
    481.8 KB · Views: 33

ilovesprig

Reaction score
WTG Rod.............................. :smiley-clappin-yellow: .....................Those Black Eagles kill everything......................... :2:

rodbehbood

Reaction score
Steve you are right... I have 11 guns in the safe and seem to always pack that one hehe...

raybanfoxman

Reaction score
Yeah, add quail to our list of hunts this year... Well done, Rod, Dixie and company!

STEVE IN SOCAL

Reaction score
You're hooked now. Shooting over a good point.... or shooting cupped and committed ducks. Luckily you don't have to choose. With a GSP you can do both.

way

Reaction score
wow! that is a serious pile of good eatin right there! great hunt! :beer-toast: