Deb's First Bow Kill

gab909

Reaction score
Took the wife out for a little evening stroll with the bows, just in case. As we were walking along, she says stop. I do, look over in her direction and see the Rabbit. Quick look in the range finder and it is at 41 yards. I give her the distance, and she gives me a puzzled look, so I throw up the range finder again. Yep 41 yards. she pulls up her bow, I am watching through the range finder.... She shoots, and I don't even see the dirt move, let alone an arrow. Meanwhile, the rabbit she is looking at was probably 25 yards away... I apologized and she just laughed it off. She let me know she sucks at estimating distances, but not that bad. We stalk a little more and out pops a bunny at 35 yards. This time I make sure we are looking at the same one and I give her the distance. She lets it rip and nails it right in the hind quarters. It starts screaming and trying like hell to run away. She starts to awwww, and I stop her. Chase down the little sob, and she gets her first confirmed bow kill. Happiness is hunting with your wife, unhappiness is being out hunted by your wife. I went 0 for 3 tonight. Didn't feel like cleaning a bunch of rabbits anyways. Yeah that's the ticket
View attachment 47422

Attachments

• Deb's bunny 029.jpg
    Deb's bunny 029.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 24

SDHNTR

Reaction score
That's cool and all, but if I were you, I'd be spending some time working on your house! :smiley-yellow:

gab909

Reaction score
That's actually the blind that we wait for the bunnies in. Not my property, I wish it was though.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Nice shooting Deb............. :smiley-clappin-yellow: ............Are those peanuts in the window of the house?......................... :lol:

muledeer07

Reaction score
Oh I can see her face now the first one after you ranged the wrong rabbitt and the AWWWWWWWW. Thats cool buddy tell her wooohooo from me.