Debate, 10-11-12

MuleDeerHunter

Reaction score
Man, Biden is annoying. Shut up man and let the other guy say something.

chuam

Reaction score
Biden had Ryan on the defensive the whole time.

Biden came out swinging and Ryan looked like a lightweight.

duckwidow

Treat everyone likes it's their birthday.
Reaction score
Chuam, Chuam, Chuam.....you just dont get it

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score

we must have been watching a different debate. Biden wasn't the total loser Obama was, but he came off as an arrogant old dickhead and Ryan effectively rebutted a lot of his condescending BS.

If it makes you feel better, the consensus among the chattering class is that the VP debate isn't ever really a factor in the election.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score

No.....I think he showed respect and let Biden speak and not interrupt! And don't think Biden won.....but keep praying for four more years

popx5

Reaction score
Biden was/ is an annoying jackass. With every smirk, Ryan beat his asss....

Hunt Crazy in CA

Reaction score
sittin on GODS porch lookin through 15s at his des

No.....I think he showed respect and let Biden speak and not interrupt! And don't think Biden won.....but keep praying for four more years

Ill second that!....Biden was a joke, no class at all....just like the rest of his cronies

MuleDeerHunter

Reaction score
Chuam, I heard that same summary from a talking Democratic head on the news after the debate. Way to come up with your own opinion.

duckwidow

Treat everyone likes it's their birthday.
Reaction score
wait, could it be that chuam in baiting here....nah.................................................

chuam

Reaction score
Chuam, I heard that same summary from a talking Democratic head on the news after the debate. Way to come up with your own opinion.

Didn't watch the summaries as it usually two sides spinning their opinion.

So to be clear, Romney cutting off Obama and being aggressive is fine for you guys but when it's the other way it's rude? No partisan feelings I guess.

I get it that he isn't going to sway you based on your biases. We'll see how it affects the polls and at election time.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
I don't remember mitt enterupting .........I just remember obummer choking and looking for the telapromter......lol

But im going to be nice cuz you have lobster and yellowtail in the freezer......lol

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score

Biden presented himself as a classless jerk.

Is this yer way of saying that ya can't recognize a jerk. How does it feel that we currently have a demonstrated buffoon one step away from the Oval office?

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
So to be clear, Romney cutting off Obama and being aggressive is fine for you guys but when it's the other way it's rude? No partisan feelings I guess.

Not my recollection either. Consensus was that Romney was polite and respectful and had a better command of the issues.

Beyond what any candidate says, how they comport themselves has a huge impact on how the public percieves them and their performance in the debate. Had Romney been even half the jerk Biden was tonight, I doubt he would have been so universally acknowledged the winner - even the knuckleheads like Chris Mathews at PMSNBC were rocked back on their heels. I watched their after coverage. It was hilarious. They were desperate to find fault but came up empty and had to give Mitt his props.

BTW, the count for tonight was that Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times in 90 minutes. I don't know about you, but I was raised better than that.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Scott,

You should have watched Mathews tonight...I thought he was going to go to his knees with some lib governor.... :smiley-throwup-on-smiley:

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
Maybe his leg was all tingly again.

Here is the CNN poll after tonight's debate. Chuam, you'll enjoy this :)

Forty-eight percent of voters who watched the vice presidential debate think that Rep. Paul Ryan won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Thursday night's faceoff. Forty-four percent say that Vice President Joe Biden was victorious. The Republican running mate's four point advantage among a debate audience that was more Republican than the country as a whole is within the survey's sampling error.

Half of all debate watchers questioned in the poll said the showdown didn't make them more likely to vote for either of the candidates' bosses, 28% said the debate made them more likely to vote for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and 21% said the faceoff made them more likely to vote to re-elect President Barack Obama.

According to the survey, 55% said that the vice president did better than expected, with 51% saying that the congressman from Wisconsin performed better than expected.
By a 50%-41% margin, debate watchers say that Ryan rather than Biden better expressed himself.

Seven in ten said Biden was seen as spending more time attacking his opponent, and that may be a contributing factor in Ryan's 53%-43% advantage on being more likable. Ryan also had a slight advantage on being more in touch with the problems of average Americans.

A CBS poll scored it for Biden, but hey, they are called "See BS" for a reason. Either way, it wasn't the knockout you thought you saw.